Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Big Week

This week I will turn the big 3-0 and enter a new decade. While I do have mixed feelings about getting older, I'm mostly excited to celebrate this week! My hubby has worked so hard planning a special party for me this weekend. I feel so loved with all that he has done. I'm excited to see all of our friends and my parents!

My parents were at the USC - Notre Dame game last weekend and they are driving to Maryland for my party. They should arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately it's the same time as my hysterosonogram. Since the sonogram has to be done on days 7-10 and it can only be done at Fair Oaks hospital I didn't want to reschedule it. I think my parents understand, but I wish the timing were better! Hopefully I will get home around the same time they are getting into town.

My hubby and I are starting a novena to St. Jude today since his feast day is October 28th. Our parish is the Shrine of St. Jude (where we lead the youth group) and each year they do a Solemn Novena every night for nine nights leading up to his feast day. I don't think we'll be attending the nights at our church, but we will do our own novena. I'm posting the novena prayer below - you're welcome to pray it with us!

Prayer to St. Jude Thaddeus
Most Holy Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus,
faithful servant and friend of Jesus,
the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of his enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many.
But the Church honors you, and I invoke you as the special advocate of those who are in trouble and almost without hope.
Help me to realize that through our faith we triumph over difficulties by the power of Jesus who loved us and gave his life for us.
Come to my assistance that I may receive the consolation and succor of heaven in all my needs, trials, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever.

St. Jude, apostle of the Word of God, pray for us.
St. Jude, follower of the Son of God, pray for us.
St. Jude, preacher of the love of God, pray for us.
St. Jude, intercessor before God, pray for us.
St. Jude, friend of all in need, pray for us.
St. Jude, pray for us, and for all who invoke your aid.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, for novenas! And yeah for St. Jude...trust in his intercession!! We are united in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the novena! Perhaps I'll have to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the novena! I will join you. St. Jude, patron of lost causes, pray for us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy almost Birthday!

    Thanks for the novena...I'm going to pray it that we could get the funds we need to start another adoption. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this - believe it or not, it had just been wandering through my mind that this might be a good time for a St. Jude novena. He's never let me down - probably because I've never asked him for a baby :). Hope your birthday is amazing!

    ReplyDelete