I just got back from my appointment with Dr. L for the post-coital test. Thankfully she said that everything looks normal. She even let me look through the microscope so I could see my hubby's little guys swimming around! It was amazing! This was one test that I really didn't want to come back negative, so I breathed a sigh of relief. She said that everything in terms of my mucus and his sperm looked great.
We also discussed my results from the hysterosonogram. The polyp measures 2 x .6 x .6 cm, which is on the small side, but Dr. L still wants to remove it. She said there is no conclusive evidence if polyps cause infertility, but after all that I've been through we should go ahead and remove it just in case. Dr. L said that it's pretty rare for someone my age who is cycling to have a polyp, she normally sees them in older women. She is also not convinced that all the tamoxifen and other drugs I've been taking are the cause, but really she just has no idea why it grew.
One of my IF friends - who is no longer IF!! - emailed me about her polpys. Apparently she had three of them removed in January and conceived in June. This gives me a little hope!
Thankfully the removal sounds pretty simple. It's done hysteroscopically (I think that's the correct term!) Basically she sticks the scope and her tools you-know-where and scrapes out the polyp. I guess it's the same procedure as a D & C. I can't remember if The Misfit had this done or not, but she described the procedure to me recently.
Speaking of you-know-where, today I think I finally hit the wall. I am really getting stick of spreading my legs and getting into the stirrups. Today Dr. L was teaching the nurse how to do the post-coital test, so both of them were in the room staring at my you-know-what. Ugh, I really did not enjoy it. I'm so over this! Especially since my hubby and I had just been intimate this morning... then of course I had to rush to the doctor's office to get there within two hours. I'm just tired of it all.
When I get home tonight I will post pictures from my birthday party! I've been so busy I haven't had the time to do it yet.
That is just great news! I would think of all the tests we would not want that one coming back bad. I breath with you!
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine the frustration all of this is causing you!
You know you are IF when you will spread your legs for everyone and their mother to see! ;)
I'm one day behind you! Glad everything was normal.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your post-coital looked good. I hope that the polyp removal is relatively painless. Sorry about the overexposure frustration. It's definitely something that get old when your husband isn't the only one looking at you unclothed from the waist down.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the test results were good!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean - I could go the rest of my life without ever putting my feet up in stirrups again and be a happy woman. Okay, maybe for the birth of my child...but that's it!
Hey Girl! So glad that it came back okay - that is cool that she let you take a look under the microscope. Do you have to go to the hospital to get the polyp removed, or do they have an in-office hysteroscope? I understand your frustration - I think the post-coital would probably be one of the most stressful IF tests. Glad you got it over with!
ReplyDeleteI bet that was pretty cool to see the little guys swimming away!! I so wish I could do that test!!!
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY understand how you feel about spreading your legs. It gets so old.
Can't wait to see some birthday pics!!
yay for the swimmers!
ReplyDeleteI hope the polyp removal turns out to do the trick! Will you be awake and everything as she does it? It sounds painful. Even just getting the HSG was painful for me. Who am I kidding? I hate anything involving the speculum.
so glad everything went normal!
ReplyDeletei had a polyp and it was removed during the hysteroscopy, but i was under for the lap too, so i don't remember much.
i hear you on the stirrups. i remember the very first time i went to the ob/gyn and thought "wow, i'm glad this is only once a year" HAHA
I am so relieved for you that your test came back normal. I thought it was amazing too to see everything in the microscope...at least that is another thing that gets to be checked off the list as o.k.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and I can't wait to see the picks so please post them soon, haha!
xo,
Amber