Thursday, December 10, 2009

BUSY

I know this time of year is busy for everyone, but I'm started to feel a bit overwhelmed! There is so much going on and I'm just trying to get it all done. I think I'm feeling crazy because I've got to get everything done by next Friday... we have a half-day at school and then we're flying to California that night. I can't wait! I'm ready for a change of scenery and a change of pace.

I'm really trying to live the true spirit of Advent, but it's hard to slow down. Things are super crazy at school with prayer services, Masses, report cards, parties, etc. Then of course there's all the Christmas decorating, shopping, baking, wrapping, shipping, card-writing, etc. I've got music for church, youth group on Sunday nights, and my women's prayer group coming over on Thursday. This morning we had friends over for brunch (we've been trying to hang out with them for awhile) and dinner plans with other friends tonight. I'm thankful to be busy with good things, but I feel like I'm running all over the place. Oh, and my cold symptoms have been lingering.

I have been inspired by the readings at Mass this week. Every morning I have thought of good, reflective posts on my drive to school... and then I haven't had the time to write them! Maybe tomorrow I will find some time to reflect. The words of Isaiah have given me encouragement and inspiration.

Also I've been showing "The Nativity Story" to my students at school. Has anyone seen this movie? It's so good! I have been tearing up while watching it with my classes. It's such a beautiful portrayal of Joseph and Mary. Even if all the details aren't historically accurate, it helps to imagine what it was really like.

Now I'm off to get a few things done...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. YOu do have a lot going on and sounds like you have to be done quicker than the rest of us for your trip. Hope you feel better soon & get rested up for California. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I am sorry to hear your cold is lingering. Perhaps get some antibiotics on board? could it be a sinus infection?

    Yes, I LOVE the nativity story, also. It is such a beautiful, peaceful movie. And I cried, too!

    Although your life sounds busy, it is full of good things -- the blessings of family and friends. Praise be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you are still feeling sick. I love the Nativity Story.

    ReplyDelete