I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. C this afternoon. It was pretty quick. The pathology report confirmed that indeed I did have a polyp. I didn't realize that there was any doubt! But I guess the pathology confirmed that's what was removed and nothing else. I wasn't sure if this appointment required a pelvic exam, but it did. Ugh. I'm seriously over those.
As usual the office was busy with pregnant patients. I was pretty tired and feeling in a bit of a fog. I didn't have any "agenda" for this appointment. I wasn't going to ask for any new treatments or see what she thinks I should do next. Although, I thought Dr. C asked a couple of interesting questions. First she asked if I have been having any cramps. I said that I did have some after the surgery, but apparently she was asking more generally. She said, "Well, I'm just wondering if the endometriosis is back." Ahh!! Not what I want to hear! I told her that I never had very painful periods to begin with. I guess she's just still baffled by my infertility and she's looking for signs of another problem.
She also asked me if we had discussed injections yet. I said that we had, but never discussed a timeline. She suggested that I continue with Tamoxifen for two more months and see what happens. That was fine by me. I don't feel very strongly about it one way or the other.
I'm just so tired of it all. I have this sense that it's completely out of my hands - and the doctor's hands. It's in God's hands. I think that we have (almost) done everything we can in terms of treatment. Our situation feels so much bigger than anything I can do about it. Does that make sense? I feel like all I can do is just wait on the Lord. That's it.
So Dr. C wrote a presciption for Tamoxifen, but since I'm on cycle day 9 I won't be able to take it until next month. I had already filled my prescription for Endometrin, so I think I will take it this month. I do think my luteal phase could use a little support, so I'm going to stick with that. As she was walking out the door she says, "If you get 15 days past ovulation, you know what do to!" I'm glad that at least she's hopeful. After she left I realized that I should probably ask for bloodwork orders, but I didn't chase after her. I figured that I'll be in California anyways. I will worry about it next cycle.
The countdown is on for Christmas break! I'm really looking forward to going "home" for Christmas. If nothing else it will be nice to have a change of pace and scenery. As soon as I get all my wrapping and shipping done, I will feel like I'm almost there. Maybe by tomorrow I'll be finished.
I know what you mean! I've done lots of shipping and ordering (not much wrapping yet), and there's still more to do!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your polyp removal is a confirmed kill, so to speak. I hope you can get the injections (or otherwise step up treatment) soon. Then you get to be either in the prego camp, or in my camp - DOWN WITH TREATMENT!
Those words you wrote "I'm just so tired of it all. I have this sense that it's completely out of my hands - and the doctor's hands. It's in God's hands." ...really hit home for me. I've had a feeling for a long time that the dr's were not going to be able to help me. God has the answers. He knows what is going to work or not work. I give you and everyone else a lot of credit to keep on trying...but I do know that "tired" feeling. I'm looking forward to Christmas break too. I really love to sleep in! :)
ReplyDeleteEvery time I feel like I've done every treatment available, I hear/read about something else (or, another issue pops up requiring a different or repeat treatment). I feel like it's never ending!! In a way, I hope I can soon get to that point where I feel like I've literally done it all, because I'll feel much more at peace about my IF forever, then.
ReplyDeleteI love when our Drs are hopeful for us :) We really need that sometimes!
"Our situation feels so much bigger than anything I can do about it. Does that make sense?"
ReplyDeleteThat's about where I'm at mentally these days. I feel like I'm doing everything, but it all just feels more than I can handle. I truly believe God is taking over for me. Completely makes sense!
P.S. - I'm a teacher too and counting down the days! :-)
I am so glad you got some hopeful information today!
ReplyDeleteI can understand how you feel that you are just "over" all of this jumping through hoops and believe that ultimately you are doing all that you can and just waiting on God. I will be praying for you are you prepare for Christmas and enjoy some family time in California! It is going to be so great to have some time off from school!
Dr.'s are funny about waiting for pathology before proclaiming something one way or another. One of the ObGyn's I saw before my third surgery said there was no proof that I had endo because there was nothing in the pathology report to confirm it! I was like, what the heck are you talking about, I have pictures right here, and they took my ovary you moron.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great break over Christmas, visiting your family! Hope you have a nice, relaxing visit :).
My doctor is always more hopeful than I am!!!! She gave me another requisition for Peak +17 bloodwork! Hah!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until Friday! I hope that I can stay awake and alert until then!
I can sense your frustration with this whole deal.
ReplyDeleteIt does get old after a while, and at the end of the day, it is in God's hands, so the silver lining in all of this might be that it probably took us getting to this point in our "treatment" to realize that fact. (I put "treatment" in quotes because it seems like many times we are all doing a lot of waiting for treatment, as am I at the moment!)
Praying this holiday IF is far from your mind and you can enjoy your family.
I'm glad your dr. is hopeful for you. I definitely get being over dealing with IF and even though it's always in God's hands, sometimes we are ready to give over more to God than try to take it on ourselves.
ReplyDeleteHas it really been this long since I've commented. Ugh, I'm bad.
ReplyDeleteI had a dream about you the other night. Funny
Oh, G, I'm praying that your arms would be filled soon with a baby. I truly am. This waiting game downright stinks.
Keep trusting our Lord. He has a great plan for you.
Enjoy your time at home over the holidays! Recharging at home is well-deserved for you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your polyp went OK!! I'm leaving for CA on Friday; perhaps we need some West Coast therapy. Though it's bad for my diet, I'm starting with IN N Out. :) Praying for you.
ReplyDelete