Our Christmas here in California was wonderful! Again, I have really lost track of time. I have no clue what day it is. It's so nice to be away and to be in my own little world here on vacation.
I don't have time to write much, but I feel bad that I haven't updated lately. One great thing about my new droid is that I can check email, facebook and blogs all the time! It's not too hard to post a little comment here and there, but I definitely can't write an entire post. So I apologize for reading, barely commenting and not posting.
We had a wonderful time in my parents cabin up in Big Bear. We came back just in time for Christmas Eve. In my family we all get together for Christmas Eve at my aunt's house. We make homemade pizza (the good Italian kind!) and this year we did an ornament exchange. It was fun because we played the game where you can steal each ornament up to three times. It got a little heated at one point because my aunts were fighting for the same one! But overall we had a lot of fun.
Christmas day was lovely and relaxing. My parents spoiled us all with lots of fun gifts. We stayed in our PJs all day, had a yummy brunch, watched a DVD, took a walk, played Cranium, had a yummy dinner and then played cards. It was so great. I have fond memories of all my Christmases growing up, so I enjoyed remembering all those times. I have had some sad moments here and there realizing that another Christmas has come and we are still childless. But mostly I have been enjoying myself and have been a bit distracted.
Yesterday I took my hubby to the airport. I was sad to see him go! I'm glad that I get to extend my trip home a bit longer, but I wish he could stay with me. I really don't like it when we're apart. We had some friends and family over last night to watch the USC bowl game. I'm glad that we won, but it's been such a disappointing season that it was hard to get too excited about it.
Today I went to Mass and brunch with a family from my school. The mom is originally from Southern California and she also went to USC. We have talked about getting together so many times and we finally made it happen. It was great to see them here in California. I taught their oldest daughter a couple of years ago and their youngest daughter is in my seventh grade class now.
The readings and the homily at Mass this morning were so beautiful. Although I was a little distracted and haven't reflected on them yet. I really get out of my prayer routine when I'm on vacation! It always happens when I'm away from home and I feel so guilty, but I think it's just part of being away.
Hopefully I will have more to reflect on later... but that is what I've been up to!
On my very first ornament exchange I got a little torked off...I had a really nice ornament and someone snatched it and I got left with one of the marshmallow guys riding a snowboard. THe next year I knew better and was not afraid to take someone elses! haaa....
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are enjoying your Christmas break! I love remembering my Christmas's of long ago too. God Bless.
So happy you are enjoying your time with family. I hate being away from DH, too, so I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteDifferent conferences, but still a sports fan here. It isn't a holiday without a good bowl game. (So looking forward to our bowl game soon). Hoping you have a better a year next season.
The readings today (particularly the first) made me so emotional. They were all beautiful.
Have a safe trip back home.
Glad you are having a good time with your family! That ornament exchange sounds fun - it would probably get pretty rowdy with my family too :).
ReplyDeleteD's alma mater plays in the bowl here tonight, but we are just watching it on TV. I'm glad you are having a good time with the family, even though your DH went home.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're having a nice time! My hubby will be jealous you have a droid ;-) Enjoy the rest of your stay in CA
ReplyDeleteMy cousins and I tried a steal a gift game this year and it totally lacked in any drama. I tried to stir things up, but my younger cousins wouldn't bite!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having fun in CA, I'm so jealous 'cos it's so cold here!!!
I'm so glad you are having a great time! That cabin trip also sounds so relaxing and nice. What a wonderful blessing you were able to share Christmas with your family so far away. :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all your pics! I hope T had a safe trip back!
Glad you have had such a good trip thus far. Sounds like a lot of fun. Forgetting what day it is is the mark of a good, relaxing vacation. Have fun on the rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea of the ornament exchange. I may steal it. It sounds like you've had a wonderful break so far! Oh yes, and merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete