I continue to settle into my new normal life with Tommy. It's been a wonderful summer just hanging out at home. I am curious about the transition now that school is about to start. I was there on Monday and Tuesday for the catechist class I'm teaching, on Wednesday for the opening faculty meeting and tomorrow for another meeting. I won't have to go in at all next week, and then the students arrive after Labor Day.
I am blessed to be involved with so many different ministries - I'm giving a talk to engaged couples this Saturday, we have youth group this Sunday night and of course cantoring for Mass. I enjoy them all and thankfully I can stay connected and still be a full time mom. My husband is amazing and he loves taking care of Tommy when I have other commitments.
Tonight was my Women's Prayer Group and I just love those gals. We have all gone through various struggles and obstacles over the past two years. Tonight we were rejoicing in God's faithfulness and mercy. We have each found joy in God's blessings and it was so beautiful to share it together. God is good.
Tommy continues to grow and change so much each day. He is the sweetest little guy and I love watching his personality develop! I can't wait to see the person he grows up to become.
Lately he can't keep his fingers out of his mouth. He's almost always sucking away at them! He has also found his toes and grabs them all the time. He's getting pretty good at grabbing lots of things - toys, books, and pretty much anything. He loves to lay on his mat and grab and kick at the toys dangling above him.
The most fun development is how much he interacts with us. He is constantly smiling and even giggling now. He "talks" (coos) all the time - especially when he's alone. I think he likes to hear his own voice when it's quiet.
This week he graduated from the bassinet in our room to the crib in his nursery. Ahh! He has adjusted pretty well for the most part. He weighs almost 14 pounds and he's getting so heavy to carry! I love him more and more every day.
Here are a couple of videos that my brother took during their visit.
love the videos! glad he made the transition well and I am sure you will do well with yours too!
ReplyDeleteHis coo's and smiles are adorable! I know you are enjoying every minute! Best wishes teaching your class. How fun!
ReplyDeleteHe's not even my own kid and I can't get enough of the videos! What a doll baby!!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute!! What a good baby.
ReplyDeleteHope this year will go well. I'm sure they are blessed to have you there.