Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good Friends

I am so blessed by the wonderful friends in my life. It has been a whirlwind of visitors during these past couple of months since everyone has been excited to meet Tommy. I don't think we've had this many people over in the previous five years of living in this house! I love spending time with these great people and am so grateful for their friendship.

I used to work with my good friend C before I started teaching. I'm so glad that we've stayed close and that he finally met Tommy!


My friend A was a teacher at my school and she came over yesterday with a delicious lunch. We love going out for happy hour and I look forward to sharing our next bottle of wine!


And I can't believe I forgot my camera today when I spent the afternoon with Mrs. Mike!! We had met once before at a dinner with a group of ladies last year (see this link) and have always wanted to get together since then. Today it finally happened!

She is the sweetest gal and we could have chatted forever. Her two sweet boys greeted me at the door. They were a little shy and yet I could tell they were excited to have visitors and to meet my little Tommy.

Mrs. Mike's house is lovely and there was fresh bread and cinammon rolls baking - yum! She made the most delicious lunch (I need that recipe!) and we talked all afternoon about infertility, adoption, motherhood, suffering, faith, etc. She showed me her collection of slings which she makes - I was so impressed. I look forward to getting together again - especially once her baby girl arrives in just a couple of weeks!

I will leave you a picture of Tommy's latest obsession - his fingers! He can't stop sucking on them. :)

13 comments:

  1. He is precious!! That finger sucking is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so adorably cute - and dare I say it (because I think the same thing about Clara), but he is starting to actually LOOK more like his mommy!! I really do see familiar traits in his face!!
    (So weird, I know so many people who are adopted and yet look so much like their adoptive parent!)

    Of course, not that that matters at all, I just thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a great time with you today and honestly could have kept chatting all afternoon. I'm sorry I kept you so long but if you are up for it, let's do it again soon!

    TCIE--I told her the same thing...it's SCARY how much Tommy really does look like her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE. Yum, those fingers look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chubby little baby hands -- that last picture is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's get together! I'd love to see you and little Tommy again :).

    Sarah @www.callmemama.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is getting so big! He is still as gorgeous as ever and I love how much you love being HIS mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture is precious! So glad you had a nice time with Mrs. Mike- jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that last pictures is ADORABLE! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! How awesome that you got to meet Mrs. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never get tired of pictures of this little man!!!! More!! :)

    ReplyDelete