(2) I snapped this picture in my backyard before coming inside to write this post.
Daffodils are such happy flowers, aren't they?(3) Yesterday I received the "USC Family Magazine" in the mail. I don't always read it, but I decided to page through it and found an article on endometriosis. I couldn't believe it! The magazine is published 3-4 times a year and highlights various things going on at USC. The endometriosis article profiled a physican at the medical school who is doing research on the disease. While the article mentions infertility, it mostly profiled a patient who was dealing with debilitating pain. I was surprised to read that she had two children in her 20s, but the endo returned and she is now in her 40s seeking treatment. I'm just glad to read that some research is being done about this mysterious disease.
(4) This afternoon I met with a new spiritual director - Fr. J. I have been meaning to get back into direction and a mutual friend put us in touch. He seems like a very holy priest and I'm so thrilled that he is available to meet with me. So often the "good" ones are super busy.
(5) I can't get over how many in-real-life friends have discovered my blog because they are also dealing with infertility. This seems to happen once in awhile and I am reminded how small the world is. It saddens me to hear about friends who are struggling to conceive, but I am so grateful for the support and encouragement from our blogging community. It is truly a gift from the Lord. You are all in my prayers!
(6) Today officially begins spring break at my school. It's not as big of a deal since I'm only teaching a few hours a week, but I'm still grateful for a week off. My parents arrive next Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to their visit. It will be peak bloom for the Cherry Blossoms and it's truly the best week to be in DC!
(7) Time to wrap this up... I'm heading outside with my iced coffee, sunglasses, and my new People magazine which just arrived. (My hubby gave me a subscription for Christmas - my guilty pleasure!) I've got to hurry before Tommy wakes up from his nap. :)
I love spring too!! Yesterday we went to the St Patrick's Day parade and it was 70 degrees and sunny!!
ReplyDeleteI lived in NOVA for 4 years in college and miss the Cherry Blossoms in DC in spring!!
Love the new pics of Tommy... such BIG eyes and look at all that hair! He just makes you want to smile all the time, doesn't he?!?! :)
ReplyDeleteThat kid's eyes are unbelievable! He's SO darn cute!!! Ok, you're in DC??? I'm close and my in-laws are there. We need to get together! :)
ReplyDeleteThat third picture of Tommy and those beautiful big blue eyes, my goodness you need to enter him in some type of contest with those lookers!! Unbelievable, my grandfather had eyes like that, he'll surely be a lady killer with those peeps :)
ReplyDeleteI am obsessed with daffodils, I can't plant enough. When they bloomed this year I made mental notes of places I need to plant more this fall.
I would love the see the cherry tree blossoms one day. Dh and I wanted to get a memorial tree for our babies and I bought a cherry tree which I am going to return today :( Dad said it gets too hot here and they don't produce and usually die earlier down south. So off to find another tree this morning.
ENjoy your guilty pleasure. My sis gets us weekly and always gives me her leftovers!!
Sounds like so much great stuff going on! I couldn't agree more about how wonderful it is that Spring is coming! Just puts you in a happy mood! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your spring break and your beautiful, blue-eyed boy! Love the new pictures.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love daffodils. When I was very little, my Grandmother would tell me they were the bravest of all God's creature because they'd break through the bitter snow to let us know to hold on, spring was coming. Now, you know where I live. How bitter could our snow be the one day a year we get it? Really. But it was a cute story and stuck with me forever and I had daffodils everywhere in my wedding because of it and they are the first sign of spring. ;)