Monday, February 24, 2014

7 posts in 7 days

I am linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary and hoping to post every day for the next seven days.  Eek!  At least I'm going to try my best to accomplish this. 


She did the same link-up last summer and I enjoyed participating.  I truly enjoy blogging but I can't seem to get back into posting more regularly.  So we'll see what I can come up with this week. 

Let's see...  what's on my mind today? 

My husband's parents visited us last week and it was so wonderful to spend time with them.  We kept them busy working on house projects.  Also, I took advantage of having babysitters in the house and ran lots of errands and scheduled various appointments. 

I met with the priest at our new parish to see if he would meet with me regularly for spiritual direction.  I really enjoyed our conversation and I'm grateful that he agreed to continue meeting with me.  This was one of my goals from my retreat last month.  It helps me to have accountability in my prayer life.   He also told me about a mom's group in the parish - so I look forward to learning more about that. 

I recently joined the MOM's Club in my neighborhood and it's been great to meet new families.  I attended the Mom's Night Out last week and it was so fun.  It was a "favorite things" party - so each mom chose a favorite thing (that costs around $5.00) and brought three of them to the party.  Everyone shared what their item was and why they loved it.  Then everyone put their names on slips of paper and placed them in a cup in front of the items you liked best.  Everyone went home with three new fun things! 

The other big thing keeping me busy is the show I'm directing.  I can't believe this is my eighth year directing the spring musical!  This year we're doing MULAN, JR and I'm really excited.  I wasn't too familiar with the movie/show until I started previewing it, but the music is great and it's full of interesting characters for the students to play.  Auditions begin this Friday.  Lord, have mercy on me!  I've got 55 middle school students to cast! 

2 comments:

  1. Excited to hear from you for the 7 in 7. Have to admit that if my schedule was as crazy as yours sounds, not sure that I would make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mulan!!! How fun! I don't know how you keep your sanity working with 55 middle schoolers on a musical! Saying prayers for you! :)

    ReplyDelete