Wednesday, February 26, 2014

House Pictures

I've been waiting to post pictures of our new house until we were settled in.  You know - unpacked and fully decorated.  But I'm realizing that won't be for a very long time!  So I quickly walked around and snapped some shots of the house. 

The entire house was painted one color inside - which is nice a clean - but also very boring!  It's going to take a long time to figure out what we want to do with each room. 


The house is a classic colonial look (very popular here in the DC area.) I'm SO grateful to have a garage - especially during this awful winter.  (Yes, it snowed more this morning, as you can see.) 

 
Walking through the front door.  There is a small entryway with a coat closet. 

 
If you turn to the left it will take you to the hallway that goes to the back of the house; plus the staircase and also to the living room. 

 
If you turn to the right as you walk in the front door it goes into the family room. 

 
Family room - which leads into the dining room. 

 
Dining Room  (notice the carpet?  the kids won't be eating in here for a long time!)

 
The dining room leads into the kitchen. 

 
This is a view of the kitchen coming from the opposite direction (looking back into the dining room.)  You can see it's kind of a galley kitchen - it's not really a separate room - but it's really open as you walk through to the other rooms.

 
This is looking into the sun room from the kitchen (this is what you see when you walk down the hallway from the front door.)

 
In the sun room - the sliding door leading out to the deck (filled with snow, of course!) 

 
The sun room - where we put our kitchen table.  The opposite end of the room (where I'm standing as I take the picture) has some unpacked boxes.  We are planning to put in a bar on that side.  :)

 
This view is leaving the sun room (from the non-kitchen side) and heading into the living room.  You can see a small pantry to the right.  It has a laundry shoot inside - which is cool - but not very practical.  We hope to remove it so I have more shelf space in there.  After the pantry is the hallway that leads to the mud room/laundry room and garage. 
 
The living room.  The fireplace is a wrap-around one that is wood burning.  We hope to switch it to gas and then start using it!




This view of the living room shows how close it is to the kitchen.  The door leads down to the basement. 
 
That's the main level of the house (including a powder room I didn't show.)  I will post more tomorrow!


7 comments:

  1. Love seeing pics of the new house! It's beautiful. Especially that hardwood! :) And great curb appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switch wood to gas---?!?!?!?!?! You crazy!!!

    Beautiful house! Great natural light!

    I wouldn't know what it's like to live in a house without wallpaper! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it, G! All that space!!! So beautiful. Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The details are amazing, love the crown molding, chair rails, and the medallion above the dining room light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful home! Wood to gas, NO! I would love that fireplace. Love the wood floors! Tons of room...for more kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful! So much room and light and lovely floors! Congrats & enjoy.

    ReplyDelete