We've had a nice weekend... although it always seems to fly by! Thank you for all the prayers for my talk - it went well! Of course I can always think of ways to make it better, but overall I was really happy with it. My hope is to find a good balance between teaching the material and making it personal. I told our infertility story and people seemed really affected by it. I hope that none of those couples will have to deal with this, but you never know. Out of 40 couples, the chances are pretty good that some of them will have trouble conceiving. This was the first time I've shared this story in public, so that was something new for me. I got emotional at one point, which is fine by me, except that it derailed my thoughts a bit. I left a few things unsaid, but overall I was pleased!
Last night we went to the movies and dinner with our good friends. It was such a fun night! We haven't caught up with these friends for awhile, so it was lovely to see them. We saw, "Slumdog Millionaire" at this artsy theater by our house. YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! It was so good. (Can you tell I liked it?) The heart of the movie is this pure and innocent love story. It was so sweet! I totally bawled at the end. :) Afterwards we had a yummy dinner at a restaurant we had never been to. We will definitely go back there again.
This morning I sang for two Masses and tonight we're leading youth group. I really enjoy both of my "church jobs," and I'm so thankful for them. But it totally kills our Sunday! I'm not able to get too much done in between. It leaves me feeling unprepared for Monday morning and a new week.
Tomorrow I will get my blood drawn before going to school. I'm not sure how quickly my doctor will get the results, but I will call tomorrow to make an appointment with her. I haven't seen her since my surgery follow-up and this was the plan we had decided on. Hopefully the bloodwork will reveal how my hormones are doing. In terms of my cycle today is Day 23. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it all... as I've said before, I have all the reason in the world to believe we will conceive soon. Yet I just can't seem to throw myself into thinking that it actually WILL happen soon. I'm not expecting it to happen and I'm just waiting to be surprised. Does that make sense? It's just too painful to keep thinking, "Is this it? Do I feel something different? Am I pregnant now?" My mind just can't go there.
We actually bought plane tickets this weekend for our summer trip in July/August. Crazy, huh? Flights are so expensive, we figured we should get them now. Plus we just earned a free flight and we wanted to use it before all the dates were blacked out. We are going to spend a week in Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks with our families. Yes, that's right, both families! (My parents, his parents, and my brother and sister-in-law.) We have been trying to plan this trip for a few years and we're finally doing it. Since Yosemite is so popular and gets so crowded, we had to book rooms in the lodge for our parents ONE YEAR in advance. Crazy!
Anyways, the reason I bring this up is because my hubby and I are planning to camp. Today he was asking me what I thought we'd do if I was pregnant. We would definitely have to make some changes to our trip - which of course we would be GLAD to do for that reason! But I just can't go there. You know what I mean? I've thought this way too many times - about other trips, weddings, Christmases, etc. Even though I can't imagine NOT being pregnant by then, we just don't know what will happen. It makes me just not even want to think about it.
Well I had better go. Gotta make some dinner quickly before we head out!
I'm so glad to hear your talk went well. And congratulations on talking about your infertility publicly and getting through it (I know I couldn't do it!).
ReplyDeleteThat family vacation sounds amazing. And I totally know how you feel about just "not going there" in thinking about what to do if you're pregnant at that point. I often find that with things like that, it's just better not go there unless the occasion comes up where I need to...
Yup, I know the feeling... which is why we went ahead and planned our ski trip and will now plan our looooong-awaited vacation to Mexico in June. My life will not revolve around 2WWs anymore!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your talk went well, and that you made it personal. I am looking forward to "coming out" with our IF story next month at the 1st support group meeting. It must be very liberating :)
i'm glad that the talk went well. i wish that we had someone talk about their experiences with infertility at our marriage class. ours was great, but it was taught by a couple that were married for over 40 years and they had 5 kids.
ReplyDeletewe saw slumdog yesterday and we thoroughly enjoyed it. i can see why it got so many nominations!
We did our Pre-Cana in Silver Spring. The Priest was a young man who wore a cassock! HE ROCKED! Even my hubby was like he is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat is great your talk went well..!!
I love your comment about our cycles being another great mystery! That cracked me up!!