A nurse from my doctor's office called last night with the results from my bloodwork. I'm so impressed at how quickly they get the results and call me! I had it drawn on Tuesday morning and by Wednesday evening they had called.
Estradiol - 367 and Progesterone - 41.2.
She said that Dr. L thought both of those numbers looked good. I'm happy with these good results, I guess it's better than the alternative. But I can't help think, so now what? If these levels continue to be "good" and we still don't conceive, then what are we going to do? I've been having PMS symptoms for a couple of days now, and it's only Day 24. I really hope my cycle is longer!
The thought also crossed my mind that I will probably begin my new cycle while my parents are visiting next week. I'm supposed to see Dr. L on days 1-3 of the new cycle, so I hope I'm able to work that out. We're planning to do some sight-seeing and maybe even take an overnight trip. Oh well, I'll worry about one thing at a time!
Oh my gosh, am I even female? Your numbers compared to mine, I must be menopausal! ;)
ReplyDeleteUggh, I know the feeling of great hormone levels from month to month, and still no pg. I am praying that THIS month is your month, but if it's not, just know that at least your progesterone is good, and that's more than half the battle.
ReplyDeleteSew, you are hysterical. Lol, are you female! Sometimes I feel like a 13 yr old boy with my acne-ridden skin and high testosterone... it's a wonder I'm not jumping my husband more often...
Wow - I don't know anything about the Estradiol, but the Progesterone sounds really good. I'm totally with you on the struggle with good numbers but no progress. I wonder though - should we give ourselves 6 months to a year of TTC once everything is "fixed", since it can take that long even for "fertile" people? Just a thought....
ReplyDeleteTCIE! I swear you never cease to crack me up til my stomach hurts!
ReplyDeleteI bet this is why I don't have a sex drive!!! OH MY GOSH! I don't have any estrogen? I am not female therefore not wanting my husband! hahahaha
But I don't know what those numbers mean all I know is that they are similar to last months and I think that is great news!
I agree with Tiffany? How long do we try from here? I am not sure I can take another 3 years of this nonsense. It's for the birds! ;)
OR you will get your BFP while your parents are in town.
ReplyDeleteI can see it unfolding now in my mind's eye ...
I will pray for this!!! Like you said, one thing at a time.
Great numbers, by the way!
Yay for good numbers. I'm looking forward to a day when I get numbers like that. I'm joining LifeHopes prayers for you to get the BFP while your parents are there.
ReplyDeleteare you on meds? I've not seen progesterone that high.
ReplyDeleteThat's great!
ReplyDeleteAnd this is only the second cycle that your progesterone has been high, right? If so, it is way too early to start thinking about things being "fixed" but still not working. A normal fertile woman can easily take more cycles to conceive than that! And Dr. B always stresses how the body works very slowly in regulating itself. So even if your progesterone was high for two cycles, it could still be working on getting everything completely on track.
That being said, any month could be your month! It's only a matter of time!
OK, I'm coming out with the dreaded NaPro Technology Motto: Find, Fix, Count.
ReplyDeleteIF (and that's a big IF, because we all know that diagnoses tend to come out of the woodwork for our group of ladies) everything is really fixed now, then you are in the "counting" phase. And the count for women with IF is 12 to 18 EFFECTIVE cycles. (Not 6, which is for women of normal fertility). And by effective cycles, they mean ones in which the mucus is good, fertile days were used, and hormone levels (or post-peak phase) was good.
Seems like a LOT doesn't it? But that's how long you're supposed it give it. I met a woman at a NaPro conference who achieved on her 18th effective cycle (while her DH and she were just finishing up adoption paperwork).
Wow, what great numbers. I can't wait to get great numbers like that! It is baby steps,but you are on your way. I like the way TCIE explained that you are in the counting phase!
ReplyDeleteTCIE - thank you so much for your post! I haven't heard the Napro motto, but it makes so much sense! My DH and I have yet to get everything right in a cycle, but of course I'm still counting all of them. Your post is a much needed reminder that we should give ourselves time after everything is "fixed". Clearly patience is a virtue that I seriously need to work on!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies for all your comments! You are all so wise. It's so hard to keep perspective when it's YOUR OWN fertility. I am so hopeful and positive-thinking when it involves you guys, but with my own fertility I can get pretty negative.
ReplyDeleteTCIE and AYWH - you guys are so right. I need to remember to be patient (ha ha!) and give it some time. This is only my second cycle on prometrium and good hormone levels.
Barbie - yes, I'm taking Tamoxifen and Prometrium.
yay for good numbers... prayers prayers prayers, Lady jane!
ReplyDelete