So I got a new engagement ring this week. Unfortunately I have had an ongoing saga with my ring ever since my hubby proposed. It's been so frustrating and maddening! (Is that a word?) It's made me so upset to have to deal with this! Long story short: I have lost the same small stone out of my ring four times. (It's a pave setting, so I have a lot of little stones in my bands.) Each time the jeweler has fixed my ring, but each time it saddens me to think that I have a "bad" ring that keeps falling apart. This ring which is the symbol of my marriage and love for my husband! It hasn't happened in a couple of years, but when I noticed last week that the stone had fallen out again I decided THAT WAS IT! I was going to demand a new band from the jeweler. I was tired of getting it fixed and when I examined it closely, I could tell where it had been fixed. The good news is that the jeweler agreed and I was able to find a comparable band.
I finally got it back on Wednesday and it's beautiful! I've been staring at it the same way I did when I was first engaged. It looks very similar - most people who have seen it probably won't notice the difference. But I love it! My poor hubby was so disappointed that we had to go through all this, but I think he's happy with the new ring too. All's well that ends well. :)
In terms of a cycle update I don't have much to report. Today is Cycle Day 10. I was supposed to have an appointment with Dr. L this morning but she decided that we didn't need to meet until next month. This month we are keeping with the same plan - I took Tamoxifen on days 3-7, I will begin taking Prometrium on peak+2 for 12 days and I will get blood work done on peak+7. I'll be curious to see those results. The numbers last month were great, so hopefully it continues. Dr. L wants to see me on Day 1, 2 or 3 of my next cycle. I think the nurse mentioned something about possibly changing my dosage levels, so I guess that's why she wants to see me on those days - in case I need to take a new level of Tamoxifen.
Lastly, on the topic of prayer. I have noticed how often I say to someone, "I will pray for you." I say it to everyone! Friends, family, co-workers, students, parents of my students, and mostly to my blog friends. I am very serious when I promise to pray for someone. And yet often times I don't follow through with my promise. Sometimes I will remember these intentions during my Rosary or during Mass, but not always. This week I started praying IMMEDIATELY for that person that I promised to pray for. Even if it's just a quick Hail Mary or Glory Be, I say it right away so that I am true to my words. Another idea I had is to write down all these intentions - whether they are big or small. I have a little notebook that I keep in my purse at all times (I use it to keep track of receipts and other random lists!) But at least I always have it with me.
Yesterday's Gospel reading included the passage, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened... If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him." This passage is often tough for me to meditate on, for obvious reasons. I am asking for the blessing of children, and I am not being given this gift. I am seeking to become a mother, and I am not finding it. I am knocking on the door, and it is not opening for me (despite the fact that I watch this door be opened for the rest of the world around me.)
And yet I know that I can't take these verses out of context. They must line up with everything else we believe about our faith. I also know that when Jesus speaks about our heavenly Father giving us "good things," it doesn't necessarily mean children. While children are indeed good gifts to be received, it is much more important to follow God's will; to desire His will above ours and to surrender to His plans. The gift of God's grace in our lives and the wisdom to follow His will is what we should be asking for in the first place.
**Here is a look at my new ring. (a VERY close-up look!) :)
What a great post!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you finally ended - once and for all - the ring saga!!!
Pictures, please!!!
And I know what you mean about prayers. When I read blogs, I try to do the same thing. Pray right then and there for the person so I don't forget. When I walk my dog, I pray for all of you guys, too. I know it sounds silly, but its always so quiet and peaceful, especially in the mornings. It is a good time to pray.
And I was thinking about all the knocking and asking and feeling as though its not working.
Maybe it just hasn't worked yet. Meaning, its going to happen, just on God's terms and in His time. I know it sounds so cliche, but when I think of things this way, it takes some of the pressure off. I am then able to pray that He will help me to wait upon Him.
An elderly woman I know once gave me that very advice.. that she gets asked for so many prayers that the only way to do it is to pray for them immediately. It's great if you remember to again, but at least you've done it once. I also find myself saying "...for all those who I have offered prayers to..." just to cover those I've forgotten!
ReplyDeleteI totally have faith in the 'seek and you will find...". That whole passage has kind of been my main prayer for several months now. I think that God will answer our prayers, and that it is already being put in motion. His plan may be for it to take longer than we might want, because he knows there is a journey that we need to experience along the way.
Our ring sagas are so similar! The only difference is my jeweler is in jail, so there's no going back and complaining to him!
i want pictures too!!!! i love looking at other people's bling!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea to jot down the people that you say that you're going to pray for. i need to follow your example!
That is a great idea! I am going to do that as well!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for your ring!!!
I love the last part of this post, because that is a Bible verse I often think about and wonder, "What am I doing wrong??"
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing about the prayers, and I always feel HORRIBLE about it! Sometimes I utter a quick prayer right then and there, so that I don't forget later on in the day, but writing these intentions down is not a bad idea.
So happy to hear about your engagement ring! Pictures, please!!
I'm right there with you needing to pray immediately. I like your idea of something as simple as a Hail Mary, etc.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone else in wanting to see a picture of your ring.
I'm on page 70 of Our Lady of Kibeho. I love what I've read so far and hope to get back to it this weekend. It was your post about the Seven Sorrows that really peaked my interested in the book. I first heard of the Seven Sorrows in 2005 and went with some women to The National Sanctuary of Our Sorrowful Mother in Portland, OR where they have outdoor stations of the 7 sorrows. It's a really magical place.
Beautiful ring!! And great idea about praying for the person right away. I'm praying for you right now!
ReplyDeleteit's gorgeous! I just LOVE the ring!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
Your ring is gorgeous! I can understand why you've been starting at it.
ReplyDeleteThat is some bling!!! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I do love my ring. Although as you can tell that is a VERY close-up picture of my ring! My stone looks bigger in the picture than in real life. ;)
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful ring!!!! thanks for the pics!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your wedding ring is VERY similar to mine, except mine has 5 diamonds and then some vine-y looking design on the sides. Yours has more diamonds :)
Thanks for sharing about your prayer life and challenges, friend. The hard part about that Gospel passage is believing that Jesus loves us as he says he does and trusting that He will take care of us as He says when we ask. We can ask and ask but we have to believe and trust that He will take care of it and then let it go ;) and trust He knows best. I know you know all this ;) I love you! I struggle with the same thing, friend!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the very same thing while at Mass and listening to the reading, "seek and ye shall find. knock and the door will be opened." I figure I have been knocking and seeking and so far the door has not been opened.
ReplyDeleteBut I try to meditate more on the second half of the passage, "Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, or a snake when he asks for a fish? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him."
That gives me hope. Of course God will answer my prayers, of course God wants to give us what our hearts' desire, and I believe He will, all in due time.
BTW: I love your rings, they look a lot like mine!