Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break and New Cycle

I don't have too much time to write, but I wanted to post a few updates. My parents arrived on Saturday evening and it's been so wonderful having them here! After Mass on Sunday we took a drive to Antietam National Park - the Civil War Battlefield. My dad is a huge history buff, so he was interested in checking out a few battlefields. I always enjoy learning something new, so it was fun to take this little "field trip." It was a nice road trip since the weather was pretty warm. I always enjoy some time in the sunshine! Afterwards we went to downtown Frederick and had dinner there. I had been past this city many times and never visited it, so it was fun to check out this artsy part of town. We got home just in time to watch the second half of the USC basketball game. Unfortunately they lost, but I was impressed that they made it into the NCAA tournament and won the first game. Maybe our basketball program will continue to improve!

Today we took another road trip, this time we traveled east to St. Michael's, MD. It is this ADORABLE town on the Chesapeake Bay. Even though the weather was a little chilly for strolling this bay city we enjoyed our time and had some yummy seafood. I haven't taken the time to appreciate all the many things to do in this area. That's one benefit of having guests! It forces you to get out and do some fun things. I really hope my hubby and I can go back to this cute town when it's more "in season." Some of the shops and places were closed for the winter. I guess they will start to open more in April and May. We visited the Inn at Perry Cabin where "Wedding Crashers" was filmed. It's this very fancy resort and hotel. It was so beautiful!! But I don't think we'll be staying there anytime soon since it was around $800/night to stay there.

Unfortunately I started my new cycle on Sunday. I knew it was coming because I had been having all my PMS symptoms the day before and my temp dropped that morning. I called my doctor's office this morning and Dr. L said that it would be fine to meet next cycle. I'm going to continue with Tamoxifen and Prometrium again this cycle. I'm trying to be patient. (Really, I'm trying!) I appreciate everyone's advice to me that it takes awhile for my body to truly heal and my hormones get back on track. But my heart can't help thinking that it's just never going to happen. What is wrong with my body? My hormone levels were so good! This past cycle was just 25 days. Grrrr. I'm thinking that I should get blood drawn on days later in my cycle than just peak+7. I didn't even get through my entire round of prometrium because my new cycle started. Hmmmm. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. i hope that you enjoy your spring break! i'm so jealous! i hope that my class is tired tomorrow 'cos they were wired today!

    wedding crashers is one of our favourite movies. it opened the weekend of our wedding and it's a standby whenever one of us is in a bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice is too punch yourself in the stomach! ;)

    I know I hate this too! It sucks! I have been up all morning thinking I should ask my doctor for an ovulation drug! Clomid, letrozole, etc.

    I know it takes time but we are running out of patience!!!!!

    I miss MD! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, G. I am so sorry the last cycle ended.

    I still stand by this -- there is a BFP in your future.

    I know how hard it is to wait. Believe me, I know!! We are all waiting here with you, though, so maybe that helps just a teensy weensy bit??? Probably not much, I know, but remember you are not alone, we are all going through the same emotions with you and we are all on this rollercoaster together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a big clue to me that there *may* be a later LP defect- - if your period started before you even finished the prometrium. I would ask your Dr if you could do a P+5,7,9,11 (or just 7, 9, 11) this cycle, to see what's going on with that.

    I am getting impatient for and with you! I will keep praying that God grant us patience and hope, and that he continue to hear our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray for patience too! I'm enjoying spring break too even though I am going to sub a preschool room on Wednesday at a private Catholic school. They don't go on spring break until the week after Easter. Gosh....then they have about a month and a half and school will be out. I did plan on getting a lot done but so far....it's been slow. I'm just being very lazy. Oh well... I hope the prometrium starts working for you.

    ReplyDelete