Friday, March 27, 2009

I Miss You!

I really miss all the blogs when I'm not online regularly! Seriously, it's like I don't get my fix and something is missing from my life. I know I've said it a million times already, but I don't know what I would do without you guys! This IF world is so sad and lonely otherwise. It took me about an hour to get caught up on everyone's blogs (and comments, of course) and I feel so much better. :) I've made a few new IF friends lately - both online and in real life. And while I wish they weren't part of this club, it helps so much to connect with these women. I am convinced that there is nothing worse than being alone, or feeling alone.

I've been having a great week with my parents. As I already mentioned, it's been a nice mix of doing some touristy things and just relaxing at home. On Tuesday we visited Manassas Battlefield in Virginia and then had lunch in Old Town Manassas. We went past my school on the way home and I showed my parents some of the mansions in the neighborhood nearby. Seriously, these houses are big enough to be hotels!! My dad was hanging out of the car taking pictures - it was pretty funny.

Wednesday we took the metro downtown and visited the newly renovated American History Museum. After lunch we wandered towards the White House. The trees are finally starting to blossom around here so it was really pretty. We saw a small protest going on and my dad got interviewed by the Finland news. Ha ha... it was so random! The woman and her cameraman came up to us and asked if we would mind answering some questions about Obama. I knew that my dad would have plenty to say! As I've mentioned before, my dad is super smart. He gave intelligent answers to her questions about Obama, the economy, the future of our country, etc. I was so proud! He was very clear that he is not an Obama supporter, and yet he didn't just rant. He gave well-articulated arguments as to why he doesn't agree with his policies and decisions. I'm hoping to find the link online somewhere! We stopped at the Shrine on our way back home. Even though we've been there so many times, it's always worth a stop. We went through the upper church, the crypt church and of course stopped at the gift shop and bookstore. It's like a mini-Rome there. As soon as we got off the metro you could see priests and nuns (in habit!) walking around everywhere. It's such a beautiful place and it always brings me so much peace just being there. My grad school program was located on the CUA campus, so I was lucky enough to spend two years there. I just love that place!

Yesterday it turned cold and rainy so it was a good day to just stay home. My mom and I did a little shopping - it's what we do best! So that was fun. Did I mention that I am the Confirmation sponsor for one of my students? The Confirmation is tonight, so I had to attend the rehearsal last night. I am so glad to do this for my student, but I feel badly that I haven't put more into it. Hopefully I can stay connected with her, even after she graduates.

Today we will probably stay home again, and maybe do some more shopping. My parents' flight leaves tomorrow morning, so they will be getting ready to head home! As always, these trips leave me with many mixed emotions, but I am grateful for the time we've had together this week.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your break is nice and relaxing, while fruitful! Are the cherry blossoms in bloom, yet?
    That is so awesome your Dad was interviewed, and that his responses were so well-thought out. Go, Dad!
    Enjoy the last couple of days, and we'll "see" you when you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too! Every time I get online I forget to email you back about getting together, but I've been thinking about it! That last weekend in April is good for me if you guys want to come down/up, or practically anytime is good for me! I'll ask LH about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you too!! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I insanely jealous you can get together with AYWH & LH? Is that healthy? Victim of my IF, always jealous over what others have? hahaha j/k! Ugg, I am despondent in sayin, I hope you have fun!! UGggggggggggg!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're having such a great break :)

    ReplyDelete