I am home enjoying another snow day today! I'm usually on top of the weather forecast, but I have to admit that this storm caught me by surprise. And it looks like this will probably be our biggest storm of the winter. (We probably got around 4-5 inches. Just a guess, I'm pretty bad with numbers.) It's enough to close schools around here, so I am thankful for an unexpected day at home!
My hubby only had a 2-hour delay, but we enjoyed a relaxing morning before he headed off to work. I made french toast and fried eggs. It was pretty yummy! I just came in from shoveling the sidewalks and cleaning off my car. I don't mind doing either of these things... probably since I didn't grow up with snow, it's still a novelty to me! It's nice to get some fresh air and some exercise when you're going to be inside the house all day.
I did some schoolwork as well this morning - I entered my grades online since report cards are due next week. (Seriously, where does the time go??) Also I've been going through the script of my show and planning out the rehearsal schedule. The performances aren't until May, but I want to make sure that we are totally prepared. Especially since there is so much singing this year. I'm still so excited that we're doing Willy Wonka... it's going to be a super fun show!
Yesterday I met with Fr. T for spiritual direction. I told him all about Immaculee and Our Lady of Kibeho (of course!) He had never heard about any of it, so it was fun to share with him. He seemed interested in the book so I told him that I would order him a copy. I love discovering something new and passing it along to others. You never know who he might pass it along to as well.
I was really struck with the readings and reflections on the temptation yesterday. Even Christ - who was perfect and sinless and God Himself - was tempted by the evil one and had to suffer. I know this is nothing new, but reflecting on it brought me such consolation. Both Our Lord and Our Lady suffered unimaginably... we truly can unite our sufferings to theirs. We can meet the Lord at the foot of His cross. Our suffering truly is a gift because it draws us closer to the Lord, even if it doesn't always feel like a gift.
This passage is from the Magnificat reflection for Sunday:
You gave a time of temptation and grave doubt to all your righteous ones and saints, so that, purified, they may be strengthened in faith, in hope, in love and obedience to you.
I was totally inspired by AYWH's entry this morning - it goes right along with the Magnificat quote. She is so full of trust in the Lord's plan for her life - even when it includes disappointment, frustration and suffering. This is a true act of obedience. I hope and pray that I can be obedient to the Lord and His plan for my life, no matter what the cost.
You reminded me... I ordered a sample Magnificat and the March issue came about 3 weeks ago... now where did I put it??
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog. Where in California are you from? These east coast winters are tough, aren't they?
I just stumbled across All You Who Hope's blog and a few others and really enjoy reading them. My husband and I are struggling with sub-fertility (is that what's called?), and I take great comfort from the insight and information that they and you offer.
Okay, now that I've written an essay, I'm done. I just wanted to say hi.