Friday, March 13, 2009

Some Thoughts and "Wait"

Man, I used to be better about posting more regularly! You can tell things are busy with me. So here are my random thoughts for today...

In terms of my cycle, I'm on day 17. I started the prometrium last night, so today is peak+3. I'll get my blood drawn on peak+7 and I'm curious to see if my levels will be the same as last month. I hope they are! I'm still a little disappointed that my doctor's office denied the blood clot disorder tests, but I will ask Dr. L about it at my next appointment. Maybe she will better explain their policy.

I've been pretty lethargic in the evenings this week. I'm sure partially it's because I haven't been eating very well or working out as I would like. I'm already up so early, it's hard for me to pull myself out of bed even earlier to exercise before 6:30am Mass. Although when I do, I feel so great! Evenings don't really work for me because by the time I get home I've gotta get started on dinner. And you can forget about it after dinner! I'm asleep by 9:30pm (if not earlier, I'm ashamed to admit.) ;) Anyways, now I'm just making excuses, but I know that I would be feeling so much better. It all starts to spiral downward because the less I exercise, the more tired I feel, and the less likely I am to exercise. Ha ha... I know I just need to get myself motivated again.

It doesn't help that my days at school are so crazy busy - literally I run around all day! I have an office, not a classroom, so I am constantly moving around to different rooms. And now that we're in the full swing of play rehearsals, I spend a lot of my enegery there. I end up singing, dancing, and moving around to show the students what I'm looking for. It truly is a labor of love because it's so wonderful to share my passion for theater with them. I've been blessed with a great bunch of kids. They are really into it, which is not always the case with middle school! They are earnestly working really hard for me and many of them already have their parts memorized. Thank you God!

Thankfully spring break is VERY close! Just one more week of school. I'm excited because my parents will be coming to visit for the week. I'm sure we'll do some sight-seeing, but for the most part we'll just be hanging out and relaxing. Yay! I will be attending a conference in April in California, so I'll get to see more of my family then. I'm really looking forward to both of these weeks.

Lastly, I wanted to share this poem with you. I found the link to the poem through this blog. Enjoy!

Wait
by Russell Kelfer

Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried;
Quietly, patiently, lovingly, God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate . . .
And the Master so gently said, "Wait."

"Wait? you say wait?" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By faith I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word.

"My future and all to which I relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me to wait?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign.

"You promised, dear Lord, that if we believe,
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply."

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate,
As my Master replied again, "Wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut,
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting for what?"

He seemed then to kneel, and His eyes met with mine . . .
and He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead and cause mountains to run.

"I could give all you seek and pleased you would be.
You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint.
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.

"You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence are all you can see.

"You'd never experience the fullness of love
When the peace of My spirit descends like a dove.
You would know that I give, and I save, for a start,
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.

"The glow of my comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight.
The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask
From an infinite God who makes what you have last.

"You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that My grace is sufficient for thee.
Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true,
But, oh, the loss, if you missed what I'm doing in you.

"So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to truly know me.
And though oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still . . . Wait."

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is powerful. I think it is just what I need to hear. I tend to get so impatient and expect a simple solution, but the journey can teach us so much.
    Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the poem! patience is sometimes so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poem. You teach middle school too? I hear you, it can be totally exhausting.

    ReplyDelete