Monday, April 6, 2009

100th Post

It's hard to believe that this is my 100th post! I was thinking about writing something creative, you know, like "Ode to My Blog" or something like that. But I don't think I have the energy this week for that. So a "regular" post will have to do.

After determining that my peak day was yesterday, I realized that I will need to get my blood drawn while I'm in California next week. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I checked online and there is a LapCorp near my parents house. I called my doctor's office and they said it shouldn't be a problem. They will even fax over the bloodwork orders to that office. I'm mostly concerned that it will be difficult because of the teacher's conference that I'm attending. I will just do my best to get it done! For sure I will be able to get peak + 7, but I was really looking forward to getting it done on + 9 and + 11 as well.

I had coffee with a woman on Saturday who is also dealing with IF. (Hi S!) It was so great to meet her and share our stories. We ended up talking for over 3 hours! It was another reminder to me about how much I need the help and support of community. I have been so blessed with this online community of faithful women dealing with IF. Recently I've also discovered that there are a lot of women in my area who are walking this same journey. While I hope to not always be a member of this club, the thought crossed my mind that it would be wonderful to start an infertility support group for the DC area. Right now it is just the beginning of an idea. But if you would be interested in getting involved, please leave me a comment or send me an email. Or if you have any advice for me, I welcome that too!

I am really looking forward to Holy Week and celebrating all the various services. It can be difficult when my schedule is so busy. It's a busy week for me at school plus I'm singing for all the services at Church. Whenever I'm singing it's difficult for me to fully enter into the service. I will do my best! This beautiful quote struck me this morning...

I believe that God allows human suffering with a great intention of love and mercy. I believe that Jesus Christ has transformed suffering, made it holy, and almost divine. I believe that suffering is the great instrument of redemption and sanctification. I believe that suffering is fruitful, as much as and sometimes more than our words and actions... I believe that in eternity we shall find again our beloved ones who have known and loved the cross, and that their sufferings and our own will be lost in the infinity of divine Love. I believe that God is love, and that suffering, in his hand, is the means his love uses to transform and save us.
-Elisabeth Leseur


I pray that we might enter into the mysteries of this most holy week!

10 comments:

  1. Yay 100th post!!!

    I know it's going to be a beautiful week!

    Sanctifying one stitch at a time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll great comfort in a support group. I'm pretty sure you already know this, but AllYouWhoHope and I started one at our church. The woman from www.catholicinfertility.org sent us a bunch of brochures and prayers as word documents. Then, we basically just got permission to use a room at our parish and sent announcements for all the church bulletins around the area. We've had up to 7 women show up and all express their gratitude in finding the announcement for the meeting. The meetings started out small, but have grown. I think it takes people a few times of seeing the announcement before coming. I hope you decide to do it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry..my first sentence is supposed to say "you'll find great comfort" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great you found a place in CA for ablood draw. Can I ask why you want to get blood draws for P+7,9,and 11. I am really curious. I haven't had that done before so I am just wondering what it is suppose to show. I hope you're able to get them all done on your trip :)
    I haven't heard of any support groups in the D.C. area. I used to live in Front Royal, VA (there used to be one there) but that's is all I know of. I really found it helpful though to belong to one. Hope this helps :) Have a great Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 100th post, and more congrats on the "calling" to start up an IF support group in DC!! That is so beautiful, and I think you'd be a natural leader. I have some helpful links I can share with you. And definately chat with K, she is chock full of advice, as is Lottie at catholicinfertility.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post! I had to do blood labs in another state over Christmas (2 different labs)and there were no problems - I work with Labcorps too. Hopefully you will be able to get away from your meeting for a blood draw. I think a support group in the DC area would be awesome! I have thought about joining a group from time to time, but have never done it because I would like a group that supports Catholic teaching. I think there are a lot of women in the DC area that would be interested. I'm good friends with the Director of Family Life for the archdiocese and he may be a good contact. Happy Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo 100!! a blessed Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy 100th post! i hope that you have a very blessed easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew we would have some mutual acquaintances. We do marriage prep talks too! Not as much for ADW these days, although we did one for them recently. My husband worked with PM at CUA when we all first moved here. We hit it off with he and his wife right away. We were actually just at their house for Easter dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me know if you decide to pursue a support group in the DC area. I am interested and know several people who I'm sure would be interested as well.

    ReplyDelete