I've been waiting to post until I hear back from my doctor's office, but they haven't called yet! I left a message on Monday for my doctor to see about getting bloodwork done on peak + 7, 9 and 11. I feel great about my good results these past couple of months, but my cycles have still been pretty short(24-26 days.) I wonder if getting the results for those other days would help. Both cycles on the prometrium I haven't been able to finish the pills because my new cycle has started.
It might be my impatience speaking here (what else is new???) but lately I have been feeling very ready to begin the adoption process. Maybe partially it's because I know so many other couples who are on waiting lists now. Overall I'm just tired of waiting. It seems that my chances are pretty good that we will conceive sometime - maybe even soon. But the reality is that we just don't know. It could take a long time. It could never happen. And I am so ready to be a mom now! I'm ready to begin our family now. Even if we conceive later, I'm ready to start waiting for a child. We attended information sessions at two agencies last summer and had mixed feelings about them. Once we realized I'd be having surgery we put the adoption plans on hold. I'm ready to pick up the research process again. If you have any tips for domestic adoptions in the DC area let me know!
i hear you about the impatience!!!!! it seems this journey of IF is all about waiting and i'm not very good at it!!!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes, I'm not either. It's hard to be patient all the time!
ReplyDeleteFor me, asking to test my progesterone on peak +9 and 11 was totally worth it. It's been very informative! I hope she says it's okay, and if not.. well, I would demand it! Hopefully she'll just say it's fine, like Dr. B did.
ReplyDeleteImpatience in my middle name! I am right there beside you sister, just desiring to be a mom TODAY! Or at least have the ball rolling on something we feel we have a real shot at! As you alreay know I am all for adoption and have had to come around to being hopeful about conceiving after my surgeries. Do you bith have a time frame in mind as to when you both will be interested in pusueing adoption? I love your comment that you are not losing hope that you will one conceive, but that you are ready to grow your family NOW! God's timing is not our own and it is a daily surrender for me on this! Prayers are heading your way!
ReplyDeleteHi! Are you interested in domestic or international adoption? We have adopted twice--once from Cradle of Hope located in Silver Spring and the other time from Adoptions International in Philly. Both times we adopted from Guatemala (no longer an open program) but I can direct you to some other international programs that might be of interest to you. There are a host of agencies in the area (we're on the Maryland side of DC) and we've interviewed many of them. We just attended the Baltimore Catholic Charities info night last week and I can tell you that their domestic program is closed for the time being but they have lots of options for international. Good luck to you! I've been in your shoes and know that tire-spinning feeling well.
ReplyDeleteI emailed my husband's aunt who is an adoption social worker to ask her about the Maryland area. I'll let you know when I hear back from her. There seems to be at least one really good domestic agency in every area, so I'm praying that you are led to it! :)
ReplyDelete