Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Catching Up

Whew! I have been catching up and trying to catch my breath ever since I got home Sunday night. Unfortunately my flight was delayed about 3 hours, so that didn't help. We got home after midnight and I literally collapsed into bed. It was all I could do to get through Monday and I was asleep on the couch around 7:30pm - so sad! Thankfully last night I started to pull myself together. I finally unpacked and started a couple of loads of laundry. Although I had to make a cup of coffee after dinner to get myself going. I hate starting the week "behind" if you know what I mean.

Things at school are about as busy as they can get. We are in the final weeks of rehearsal for my play. As my hubby was reminding me this morning, "It will all come together in the end." I know this is true, but that doesn't make this time any less stressful! Since our stage is in the Gym, we don't get to rehearse on the stage until the last couple of weeks. And to do this we have to kick out the PE classes, which is never well-received. Thankfully the kids are in good shape for the most part. Now we have to pull together all the sets, props and special effects. Since we're doing "Willy Wonka" we have a lot more special effects than in the past - Agustus falls into the chocolate fountain, Violet becomes an exploding blueberry, Veruca falls into the nut shoot, Mike jumps into the TV and shrinks and Charlie has to fly after drinking the fizzy lifting drink. Ah! I'm getting nervous just thinking about it all. My poor hubby doesn't get many home-cooked meals when it's play time. I turn into a crazy lady and I stay at school way too late! But it's truly a labor of love because I love sharing theater with the students. It will all be worth it in the end.

In terms of cycle update, there isn't too much to report. Unfortunately I was not able to see my doctor during days 1-3. I had hoped to get in on Monday (which would have been cycle day 4), but she had no availability. Generally the nurses are able to squeeze you in if you need to see the doctor on a particular cycle day. But it didn't work this time. The nurses informed me that she was already double-booked all day.

Over the weekend I decided that I still wanted to see my doctor ASAP. Even though we wouldn't be able to make any changes in my medication for this cycle, I want to discuss some things with her. I'm super curious if she has any thoughts on the three blood draws I had last cycle. I haven't seen her since February 3rd and we've missed two cycles in a row because of schedule conflicts. I called the office on Monday and the front desk informed me that the first available appointment would be May 11th! I couldn't believe it! I told her that if I have my usual cycle length, I would at least need to see the doctor on May 5th-7th. So I scheduled an appointment for May 7th - hopefully that will fall within the range of cycle days 1-3 of my next cycle. I know the time will fly and it will be here before I know it, but I was really hoping to see her sooner. I'm so disappointed that I'm on my fifth cycle past surgery and not only am I not pregnant, but my cycles are still so short. I'm starting to fear that we might be one of those couples with unexplained infertility and it will just never happen for us. I don't want to be this way, but sometimes I just can't help it.

I'll end with a few pictures from my time in California... I had such a great week!

I went to an Italian restaurant with my parents, my brother and his wife...


It was so amazing to see Immaculee speak at my conference!


On Saturday we went to USC's campus to watch football spring practice. One of my dreams came true and I got to take a picture with Coach Pete Carroll! (Never mind that I had to stalk him like a crazy lady...)

This is #13 Stafon Johnson - starting tailback.

New QB Matt Barkley - he graduated early from my old high school so that he could begin practicing with USC.

Me and my bro.

Most famous spot on campus - Tommy Trojan statue!

This is the new Cinema building on campus. Doesn't it look like a resort?!

5 comments:

  1. i know all about teachers being possessive about their gym times!!!

    it's too bad that you couldn't get in to see your doctor. honestly, it's so frustrating especially when you have to go certain days!

    i'm glad that you had a great time in california! i love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is that I called our office yesterday and my wait is two months. Two months!!!!!! I cried. I explained to the woman on the phone that I'm on Tamoxifen and it runs out in May and I need to get in soon to see what we need to do about that. At least by the end of May!! Didn't matter. June 16th is the appointment. I'm seriously considering going somewhere else, but unfortunately there is no where else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willy Wonka sounds like so much fun!! I'm sure it'll be a hit!

    Welcome back, looks like it was a great time :)

    May 7th isn't TOO far away... I hope it gets here soon. I remember that feeling after surgery, too. Counting the months, and nothing happening. But I don't think you'll end up "unexplained" since you're going NaPro.

    I didn't realize they used actual lyrics/words from Hugo's book in the musical! That is so cool- that's always been one of my favorite lines, too (and one of my favorite harmonies- with Eponine, Fantine, and Valjean).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics! It looks like you had a fabulous time!

    The end of the school year is always crazy! Are you the music/drama teacher? Best wishes with your play- it sounds so fun! I bet the kids and parents love it and appreciate all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So please tell me you're not busy on Sept. 11-12...

    ReplyDelete