Friday, January 22, 2010

200th Post

Wow, I couldn't believe it when I noticed that this was my 200th post. Have I really written that much?? I know that I have said this before... but I am SO GRATEFUL for this blogging community. God has blessed me tremendously through the support I have received, the real-life friendships I have developed and the opportunity to vent and express myself. This blog has given me an outlet that I desperately needed. And now that I have shared it with many of my family and friends, it has been a great way to communicate what's going on in my life. So thank you God for the gift of my blog!

In cycle news, I had my blood drawn again today (peak+9.) I was impressed that the nurses called me yesterday with my results from Wednesday. My results were "great," although it's hard to celebrate when that has been the case for so long now and still no pregnancy. My estradiol was 332 and progesterone was 28.8. We'll see what they look like today and next Monday.

Today is the March for Life and I'm sad to not participate in any of the events downtown. I thought about taking a group of my 8th grade students to the big Mass at the Verizon Center, but it just didn't work out this year. It's pretty amazing anytime that you can celebrate Mass with 20,000 people. I always leave that event uplifted and inspired, even though the reason for the Mass is to pray for an end to abortion. We are united in our faith and our efforts to fight for life.

Until I was reading my Magnificat this morning, I forgot that the Church (in our country) has designated today as a day of penance. I am hoping to offer up this day for any woman who is considering abortion - that she might choose life and adoption instead.

This week I have found myself praying for courage on more than one occasion. While I consider myself to be a person of strong faith (and all of my jobs are faith-based!) there are moments when I find myself afraid to speak up or speak the truth. Our society is so relativistic and at times I find it hard to get past this atmosphere in our culture.

Whether it's speaking up about life issues on a day like today, or encouraging the other Religion teachers at my school to make their classes more personal, or teaching Theology of the Body to my 8th grade students (while other teachers are in the classroom) - in all of these situations I find myself being guarded. Even though we are a Catholic school, I know that not everyone agrees with the Church and so I don't want to "offend" anyone by speaking up. I realize that some times are better than others to have delicate conversations, so I am praying for the wisdom and courage to speak when the time is right.

During my retreat a couple of weeks ago Fr. J made an interesting point when we were discussing evangelization. He said that unfortunately some people have distorted this beautiful quote by St. Francis of Assisi, "Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words." His point was that people have used this quote to justify their not speaking up, even when they should. Yes, our actions should speak loudly... but there are times when it is necessary to evangelize with our words.

And last, but certainly not least, I am SO EXCITED about my plans this weekend. On Sunday my hubby and I are spending the day with AYWH and GIMH (and their husbands and babies)!! We will get to meet little Clara and little Ethan! I am honored to call these ladies my friends and I cannot wait to meet their little miracles. Their stories have given me so much encouragement for our journey towards adoption.

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you are blogging! You have been a great source of inspiration for me! It sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see you!!

    I, too, am sad that I'm not able to go to the March or any of the events. It's such an incredible show of support, it always gives me such hope!

    And I also get a "great" every time I get my results! But yours do sound pretty great. I really can't wait for you to finally figure out what is really wrong. And fix it, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 200 posts :) Thanks for being encouraging to me! I'm jealous you get to meet Clara and Ethan (and their parents of course)!! I'm sure you'll have fun!! What a great encouragement that God has provided to you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I am sad to about missing the March. I think your results sound great. I can't wait to hear how the other results turn out. I am sure you'll have a wonderful time on Sun. with GIMH ans AYWH! They're babies are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your numbers! They are picture perfect! So excited for your appointment with Dr.S.!

    I wish I could be in dc right now too!

    Happy 200th post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 200th Post!!!!!

    Can't wait to hear about your visit with AYWH and GIMH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great numbers! Have fun with AYWH and GIMH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 200th post! It's so awesome that you get to meet up with AYWH and GIMH; LIM and I are planning to finally meet up soon.

    My youngest brother (and possibly my middle brother) are in DC at the March. I'm quite jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous you live close enough to participate, even if you aren't able to this year. We always send a bus of young adults from my area, but I've never attended. I love your prayer intention. When I do sidewalk counseling, I see firsthand the misconception and pain of these young women.
    That quote you listed is one of my favorite! (And something I am terrible at!)
    Congrats on 200 posts and have a wonderful weekend with the girls and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 200 posts!

    Have a great visit this weekend - can't wait to see lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete