Today is day 2 of a new cycle. Oh joy. My last cycle was 27 days, which is pretty long for me. It was my third cycle on endometrin, so I hope it has helped lengthen my luteal phase. Then again, I wonder: what good is a long LP if we haven't conceived?? But I guess it's better than nothing.
I got the results of my peak +9 bloodwork: estradiol was 344 and progesterone was 21.7. Again, Dr. C called those numbers "wonderful." Peak +11 was a Sunday, so I didn't get it drawn that day and Monday was too crazy for me to get to the lab. By Tuesday my temps were dropping and I knew my cycle was ending.
I called last week to ask for a thyroid panel. The script came in the mail today, so I'm going to get that bloodwork done tomorrow morning. The panel says: TSH, T3 free, T4 free, Thyroid Ab group (microsoma Ab and Throglobulin.) Has anyone else had this done? How many vials will they need for this? I don't usually call ahead, so I hope it can be easily done. I have no idea if I have a thyroid problem or not, but it seems like a good thing to test at this point. I would love for this to be THE problem that's been the missing link all along. :)
I heard today that a couple I met at our IF support group meeting with Dr. B just adopted on Monday. I am so thrilled for them! I'm especially glad because they are using the same agency as us. I think they waited a little over a year, which seems normal. It's good to know that our agency is having success!
**Update**
So I got my blood drawn this morning. I hope I can get the results on Monday! Now I am super curious if I have a thyroid issue or not. You never know with my doctor's office - sometimes they are quick, other times I have to call them to request the results.
Thankfully I had the "good" lady draw my blood. I always seem to bruise and it hurts more when the other lady does it. Has anyone else noticed a difference when getting your blood drawn?
Also, the lady told me that I'm starting to get a build-up of scar tissue on my vein from getting it drawn so much in the same place. I guess I should probably switch to my other arm. In the past people have struggled to find the vein on my left arm, so I always get it done on my right arm. But I don't want to mess up my veins.
While I was waiting for my turn I was in line behind an older woman and her granddaughter. It was so uncomfortable and painful to watch them interact. The little girl was probably around 4 years old. She was a little squirmy, but nothing out of the ordinary. The grandmother was constantly chastising her. She wasn't really yelling because she wasn't raising her voice. But she said things like, "If you don't stop acting like this I'm going to throw you away." "If you don't sit down I'm going to smack you in the face." "You better behave or someone is going to come take you away." Can you believe that???
I was in shock listening to her. I know that I'm only seeing a snapshot of their lives, so I'm in no place to judge. But I can't imagine every saying any of those words to a child. I just have to laugh at the irony of getting this bloodwork done because of my infertility and watching this kind of interaction with a child. What is wrong with people??
Awesome news about your friend who was able to adopt. I pray that your day comes for your arms to be full!! Maybe that agency will have a increase in adoptions this year, one can hope!
ReplyDeleteYou should get the reverse T3 tested, too. If those results won't give your Dr any info, it will at least give Dr S an idea of what the T3/reverse T3 ratio is.
ReplyDeleteGreat news about the recent adoption with your agency!
yeah reverse T3 wouldn't hurt to add.......but besides that your panel is great.
ReplyDeleteGreat news about the adoption from you agency!
ReplyDeleteYay for your friend! Double yay that it is your agency!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes with your panel. They just took one vile for me and then Dr. B called me like 2 days later with the results.
It's definitely a good thing to have a long LP even if you don't conceive, because that means your body is getting a couple more days of progesterone. Since it works in cycles, better progesterone levels on the back end should improve ovulation on the front end, which in turn improves your LP, etc. Or something like that :).
ReplyDeletewww.stopthethyroidmadness.com has the rundown of what you should get tested for thyroid and what you should expect the results to look like.
That's really encouraging news about your friends adopting!
May I ask which doctor you go to? My doctors don't seem as thorough.
ReplyDeleteI had all those thyroid things done too (from Dr B), and it was just one vial of blood ... possibly two. But not a big deal.
ReplyDeletere:adoption. That's great news! Your agency seems to be great. A year doesn't seem so bad ... I mean, everything seems like forever, but you know what I mean. Whenever it happens, it will be the child meant to be in your family! I can't wait to meet him or her!
(I wish I could use the same agency, but they, like everyone, won't work with city rats like me. Darn the DC laws.)
So sorry about the new cycle. The post-P numbers you have do really look great. Are they improving over past numbers? I understand your frustration. I do agree with callmemamma in that the P4 on this cycle improves on the next.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the panel. No experience but I hope you find the answers.
Completely off subject: But I thought about you when I saw your team (USC, right?) got Kif.fin. Hope it’s a good season next year.
I wonder the same thing about having a good LP but not being pregnant (mine is consistently 14+)... good luck getting the thyroid panel done! IF is so crazy- it's only with us that we're hoping something is wrong!! Haha :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent news with the adoption- I'm sure it gives you alot of hope!!
How did you not bite through your tongue? I would have wanted to say-yeah, taken away by someone who cares about her and wants her to be in a more loving environment! Grr! Can't stand people that do this. What are the like behind closed doors-worse?!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you got this order! I have had all of this blood work done, I believe it is all part of the Dr. H hormone series. I am curious to hear the results! I take T3 compound. Remind me who your doc is? Is he/she Napro?
Yes - I notice a big difference depending on who is taking the blood. My favorite girl is going on maternity leave:( The other girl always bruises me.
ReplyDeleteMean ol' grandma.
Hope you get your results back soon.
I'm a "hard stick" as they like to call me in the labs. I even have problems with my veins "blow.ing out"..I love when I get someone who knows what they are doing and can get the blood drawn on the first try. It's rare for that to happen but it has. I also have one good vein in my right arm that will behave. haa!
ReplyDeleteThat is very hopeful news about that other couple adopting! Lord willing, it will be your turn soon.
That is down right abuse.
ReplyDeleteI just can't wait for your Dr. S appointment! I know you will get so many answers!!!!!
ohmigoodness, I would have wanted to reply, "ok, give her away. I will take her, thank you!"
ReplyDeleteThe last time I had bloodwork done there was a guy there getting a paternity test, with fingerprints and everything. oh, the irony!
Saying a prayer for good results...whatever that might be :).
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your progesterone looks good, and that your LP is lengthening. Like others have said, a good LP can help support the other parts of your cycle and means that your body has a decent level of health (I know I said this in a weird way). I hope your thyriod panel results turn out well (or at least give you answers).
ReplyDeleteThat's so horrible about the little girl. I'll be praying for her.
Glad you had they thyroid panel done! I really think synthroid played a big role in us conceiving!
ReplyDeleteBad parenting is everywhere. I encountered it a lot in my last job. I felt so powerless so I would just pray for them. I hope it helped them.
After my cancer treatment, I ended up with a lot of scar tissue and for the last 10 years (since treatment) blood draws have been kind of hit or miss (literally). My recommendation, ask for a "butterfly" needle. All doctor's offices have them (I have never been somewhere that they didn't). They are used for people who have hard to find veins (e.g., small veins, fragile, etc.) This has helped a ton with me. You can look it on wikipedia if interested in learning more. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteBoo to CD2!I really don't understand what the problem is, but hopefully the thyroid test might give you some new info. I never thought about getting scar tissue around my veins, but that makes sense. Yikes! I get blood drawn all the time, but I do have a good vein on each arm, so at least I can rotate. I definitely have a favorite lady at the blood lab - some are better than others. So glad to hear that your agency had a recent adoption. I'm sure that brings some hope!
ReplyDelete