Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowy Weekend

It's been a snowy weekend here in Maryland and I am so grateful for the unexpected time at home! The local news wasn't calling for much snow in our area - they said that DC and Virginia would get most of it. But we ended up with about 8 inches. That's a lot for us!

Most of my plans for the weekend were canceled - I was supposed to sing for three Masses and have youth group tonight at church. I did go out at 11am yesterday to meet my friend for brunch, although I probably should have just stayed home - the roads were messy and I passed two accidents on my way to see her. Thankfully I didn't have any trouble. It was so fun to see my friend, but it was an unnecessary trip out. Which is why we decided to call off youth group tonight. It's not supposed to get above freezing today and at night the roads will be slick.

I can't resist taking pictures of the snow! I guess it's the California girl in me.



Things have been so busy for me lately, I am truly grateful for some extra time at home. I did a little laundry, cleaning and organizing; I made chili and cornbread muffins for dinner; and I did some relaxing! My hubby and I are huge Lost fans, so we have been watching some old episodes. The final season begins this week.

Yesterday we also spent time on our "Dear Birthmother" letter and scrapbook. I'm hoping we can finish both soon and schedule our appointment with the domestic team social worker. It's hard not to feel the pressure to make both of these perfect, but really we just have to do our best and trust that God will lead us to the right birthmother.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get the results from my thyroid testing. I'm super curious about the results! You can bet I will be calling the office if I don't hear from them.

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! Good luck with the letter and scrapbook. My friend T and her hubby just finished theirs, and she said the want to be perfect was the hardest part, but they just did their best and trust that it will speak to the birthmother that God has chosen for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of snow for MD.

    Have fun doing the scrap book, I bet there is a ton of pressure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of all of your snow!!!! We've hardly had any up here and we're supposed to get snow!

    I'm so glad that you got to spend some quality time at home. The chili and cornbread sounds so delish!

    Good luck with the Dear Birthmother letter and scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog amongst the many others and am so glad I did! The snow by you is beautiful. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow has been rather fun, hasn't it? Beautiful to look at today with the brilliant sunshine! Yay for some extra time at home.

    We've been catching up on Lost this past week too--watched the last episode last night. "Yikes!" is all I have to say!

    And we're having chili and cornbread tonight too!

    Good luck on the scrapbook and letter--no advice there since that was not a requirement for our adoptions but I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Snow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember putting our letter together and our scrapbook. It was hard to know what to say (you can our letter on www.nlcadopt.org under waiting parents: charlie and sissy.) I had a hard time figuring out how to sound like I wanted a baby without sounding totally desperate! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the letter and the scrapbook. I'm glad that the snow gave you some time to get things done around your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snow was fun on Saturday - but they were so slow at clearing the roads this time! We went out on Sat. morning and there were accidents all over the place. Luckily, DH is from Maine and is an expert at driving in the snow :).

    I know what you mean about the scrapbook and letter - that's probably the part that scares me the most about the initial adoption process. It just seems like a tough task to encapsulate your life in a book so that someone trusts you enough to raise their child. Good luck finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny...we also enjoyed the snow and caught up on Lost! Fun, fun! :) Best wishes with the scrapbook- I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your snow pictures :). I imagine you've heard that there's a storm predicted for Sunday - Tuesday/Wednesday coming up? Maybe even a snow day off from work! You never know!

    ReplyDelete