Yesterday I went to a Children's Holy Hour with my dear friend L and her son. I'm very sad that they are moving next month - I will really miss them. :(
The holy hour was so sweet. It was held in a small convent chapel and one of the mom's lead the prayers. We did a lot of singing and the children who were old enough to speak were encouraged to offer their prayers aloud and they even helped lead the Rosary.
I couldn't help but get a little emotional during this time of adoration. I still can't believe that I am a mother. Tommy has been such a good baby and he sweetly sat in my lap as I sang and prayed with the other moms. There were little kids squirming around (including the family with 6 kids!), but it didn't matter. We were all bringing our children before the Lord. It was great to meet these other moms and hopefully I can make it each month.
I love Children's Adoration Time! It's has brought so many wonderful blessings to our parish. Tommy blessed to have a mother who brings him to Adoration. Keep him soaking up those "Son" rays!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful icon! Our parish is St. Thomas the Apostle, and "My Lord and My God" is etched above the altar. So inspiring!
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful about Adoration with Tommy!
how sweet, I Tommy picture would have made this post even better! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Feast Day to Tommy! Great icon and you're right about the reminder that Thomas did believe. The Children's Holy Hour sounds neat.
ReplyDeleteHappy Feast Day Tommy!!!
ReplyDelete(My hubs gets to celebrate multiple feast days too, he loves it!)
My birthday is St. Thomas Aquinas' feast day. How funny that I became a teacher too!
Happy feast day Tommy! I thought of him yesterday--I have a godson named Tommy and always have a Mass said for him on his feast day.
ReplyDeleteWe found icons for both of our boys' namesake saints at a little icon shop in DC. If you'd be interested in getting one for Tommy and want to know where to find the little shop, ping me and I'll let you know where.
BTW--I'm so bummed I couldn't make it to your place the other weekend. We need to get together sometime soon.