Yesterday I was so honored to attend Sew's sweet baby Hannah Grace's Baptism. S from
A Friend of Gianna and I drove up together. She was SUCH a huge help with Tommy in the backseat - feeding, singing, playing and reading to him. It was a lovely drive through the Maryland countryside and the Baptism was held inside a beautiful old church. At the end of the sacrament the priest laid Hannah on the altar while a choir sang the Ave Maria. I have never seen this done before and it was so beautiful! Little Hannah was perfectly calm and peaceful throughout the entire song while the priest looked down lovingly at her. I'm so glad that I got a close look at the Baptismal gown because it was stunning! Sew's mother made it by hand, and the embroidery and beadwork were so elaborate. It had the words of the Ave Maria around it and beautiful representations of Jesus and Mary. Simply gorgeous. Afterwards we drove to Sew's family home and enjoyed a nice reception to celebrate. I just love blogger get-togethers!
Hannah with her parents and Godparents (A from This Cross I Embrace and her husband.)
Mr. Sew, Sew, A Friend of Gianna (holding Hannah), Mr. TCIE, TCIE, Me (and Tommy), Call Me Mama and Mr. Call Me MamaGod Bless you Hannah Grace!
God bless Hannah Grace indeed!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad I couldn't go!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNEAT!! What a wonderful day. You all look so happy.
ReplyDeleteI wish we could have stayed longer! And that we hadn't missed the whole baptism, haha. Whoops.
ReplyDelete