So have I ever mentioned that I have recorded two CDs? Ha ha... sounds like I'm famous, right?
I should clarify: I am part of a music group that has recorded CDs. Although it feels like ancient history. The first one was in 1999 and the second was in 2005.
During college I sang for the 11:00am Mass at the Catholic Center. During my Senior year the group decided to record a CD with all of our "regular" songs. We had a pretty talented group, if I do say so myself. We named ourselves "News at Eleven" for the purposes of the CD.
My two friends (who later married each other) had the talent and the resources to make it happen. A few years later they decided we should record another CD - this one with original music, rather than popular Catholic hymns from Mass.
This all seems like such a long time ago. However I came across my boxes of CDs during our move. I'd love to give them away to anyone who wants one! I have about 10 of each, so first come first serve. You can even find some of our songs on iTunes.
The first album is simply called News at Eleven and the second album is called Here Till the End. If you follow the website - www.newsateleven.com it takes you to the group's Facebook page.
I should also give a shout-out to my friends (the ones who got married) because they now have News at Eleven Productions. They also ended up moving to the DC area and have a recording studio in their home now. Isn't that cool?
This is our group in 2005 - taken on campus at USC. Please don't comment on how you can't recognize me because I'm much skinnier and I had blond highlights. :)
I'm pretty famous for my vocals as well as my playing the cow bell. :)


I want!!!!!!!!!!! Pick me! I'll send you my address!!!!!! Lol. All the boys in my famiky got the singing talent!
ReplyDeleteI would love one of your CDs if you have extra to give away.
ReplyDeleteI would love to receive one (or both!). I love music, especially church music. Thank you so much for offering this giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI would love one of the mass songs ;) I bet the original songs one is awesome too!
ReplyDelete