Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Good Day

I just love Saturdays at home... especially in the fall because football is on, of course! I have had a very productive day. Woke up early, did some cleaning around the house - including both bathrooms, worked out on our elliptical machine, finished grading papers and currently I'm washing all my fall/winter clothes that have been in storage. I love to feel productive! I'm also trying to enter my progress report grades for school, but there seems to be an issue with the server. Hopefully it will be fixed soon because I don't have the time to do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a typically busy Sunday for me: I'm singing for two Masses in the morning, we're having lunch with some friends (and meeting their new baby boy for the first time) and then we have youth group in the evening. I have been so blessed by my part-time jobs at Church, but it sure keeps me busy on Sundays. I am a cantor at one parish and my husband and I lead the youth group at another parish. Both opportunities fell into my lap and we really have been blessed by them. The extra money has been a tremendous gift and my life has really been enriched by both of these communities. Because of my involvement with the music at St. Raphael's I was able to sing for the Pope in April when he was in DC. It was truly an amazing experience!

Reflecting like this is good for me... it helps me to see the gifts and blessings that all too often are clouded by the darkness in my life. I am striving to have an attitude of gratitude (ok, I stole that line from Oprah. ha ha...) But honestly, I have so much to be grateful for, it is a sin to not acknowledge all that God has given me.

So I'll start with being grateful for the awesome USC game that I'm watching right now... we're up by 41 points at halftime. Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!

    I wish (so badly) I had the gift of singing .. so there's another thing to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete