Ok, so I'd like to blame my lack of recent posts to being out of town... but that's only partially the reason! I seriously haven't felt this busy in a long time. The upside of this is that being busy = being distracted. It's amazing how much I appreciate being distracted from thinking about my IF... it helps me live in the present and it really forces me to put my energy in other places. Also, it helps the time go by more quickly! This is especially helpful when I'm waiting for a doctor's appointment. My next appointment is on Wednesday, October 22nd - which also happens to be my birthday. My husband asked me if I minded spending my birthday at the doctors and I actually said, "Not really, I'll consider it a birthday gift." :) That is pretty sad. But I think a lot of you can relate. Even when my appointments aren't going to reveal much, I still cling to them as if they will! For me it feels like one of the only concrete things that I'm doing to help improve my fertility.
That being said, this will actually be an important appointment. My doc suggested that it is now time to have a laparscopy to look for and treat endo. He recommended that another physician in his office perform the surgery - Dr. L - because she is NaPro trained and apparently has had much success. Next week will be my first time to meet with her and to schedule the surgery. Dr. B seemed to think there wasn't much of a "waiting list," so I hope that means we can schedule it soon! I am actually thinking that the week of Thanksgiving will be ideal since I already get a few days off from school. Being a teacher, it's tough to take too much time off. We weren't planning to travel for the holidays, so it's not too big of a deal to me to spend that week recovering. I will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment