After dinner we just had a relaxing night in the hotel. Saturday morning we went to Starbucks, enjoyed our morning coffee and read - one of our favorite things to do! In keeping with our usual Saturday morning routine we watched "College GameDay" on ESPN. Since the Nebraska game was on at 12:30pm we decided to walk to a sports bar and watch it there. Again, this was another stroll down memory lane for us. We had been to this bar during our time dating and hadn't been back in awhile. It was a great location to watch the game. Unfortunately the USC game wasn't on until 10:15pm on Saturday night. We knew the hotel didn't get the right channel, so we decided we'd skip the second night at the hotel and just head home. This made Sunday morning easier too, since I was singing for the 10am Mass. Thankfully both our teams won, so we were in a good mood!
One last highlight of the weekend was that we purchased my new set of golf clubs today! I am so excited about them. I have had three lessons now and I'm really feeling good about my progress. Obviously I'm not planning to go pro or anything, but I just want to be good enough to have fun playing with my hubby. I used my birthday money from my parents and my in-laws to get them. As soon as we picked them up we went to the driving range to hit some balls. It's fun for us to share this hobby. Hopefully I can continue to improve! Especially since the weather is turning colder, I don't want to forget everything I've learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment