Those of you who've had a lap done... how many days did you bleed afterwards? When did your next cycle begin? Just curious because after the surgery I had a couple of days of bleeding followed by a couple of days of spotting until it pretty much stopped. All of a sudden last night I started bleeding again - pretty heavily - and it has continued today. I'm also feeling what I would consider my "usual" symptoms of my period. So I'm wondering if it's possible that my new cycle just happened to start. Today is technically day 24 of my current cycle (the surgery was on day 19.) How many cycles should be screwed up because of the surgery? Two? Any advice is appreciated!
Overall I'm feeling great. I did go home yesterday after lunch and just took it easy. Today I'm feeling fine, just low on energy. Also, I'm a little worried about my incision at my belly button. It's difficult to tell if it's healing ok - especially since it's in an area that gets a lot of movement - ya know? When I sit, stand, etc.
It has been so wonderful to be spoiled with cards, emails, casseroles, flowers, prayers and support. This whole ordeal has reminded me how much I am loved by the people in my life. I am so thankful for that!
OH MY GOSH! I hope its your period!!! I really, really do! When can you start trying, after your first menses?? I hope so!?
ReplyDeleteI wore a pad for 2 weeks with pink watery nasty discharge.
The belly button incision, mine is starting to finally look better than in the past. Do you blow dry it every morning? Use a fresh towel. My Dr. told me to make sure not to get an infection in there because it can get ugly. If it becomes inflamed, has an odor, or a discharge I would get worried and go straight to the doctor. But you probably still have your steri strips on so I wouldn't worry too much.
Glad you were able to take it easy!
I can't remember, except I was ON my period for my first surgery - THAT was fun, wearing a huge pad in the mesh panties when I woke up. Then I think it was about a month later both times. But it definitely could be.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember blow drying my belly button every morning :)
BUT, I can hardly see my scars at all anymore.
I'm consulting my charts now for an exact answer, but I remember experiencing pretty much the EXACT same thing... hold on...
ReplyDeleteOK, I was on CD 11 the day of the surgery. I spotted for 4 days, then got a heavy flow on the 5th day. Asked my Dr if I should skip to the next line and consider it a period, she said hold off. Sure enough, it went back to spotting for 4 days after that. Then I had dry days, a 13 day post-Peak phase, followed by a looooong 1st period post-surgery (12 days).
Hope that helps!
After both of my surgeries, I started spotting about three days afterward(and this was definitely "early" in my cycle - like a week earlier than usual), then had a very heavy period, which was the start of my next cycle, which was pretty normal.
ReplyDeletei don't have any advice, but i'm glad that you're feeling better! being spoiled must be fun! ;)
ReplyDelete