I ended up making a trip to the urgent care last night. My belly-button incision has been looking worse all week! Even though I had been treating it with hydrogen perioxide for a couple of days now. I wish I had asked the nurse at my doctor's office what they suggested if it didn't get better, but oh well.
Last night when we got home from work I showed it to my hubby and he suggested I get it looked at just to be on the safe side. The doctor swabbed(?) it to take a culture just to make sure everything was ok and put me on antibiotics for a week. My post-op appointment is next Wednesday with Dr. L, so I didn't want to wait that long to have it looked at! You just never know with infections. I had really hoped to do some other things last night instead of hanging out in the waiting room... but oh well! TGIF. :)
Yikes! I think it's good that you went to urgent care, and I hope it heals up quickly! I'm so glad that you're feeling good otherwise, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that it was looked at sooner rather than later. And you're RIGHT, you never know about infections... hope it clears up soon!
ReplyDeleteGood move to going to urgent care! I am so sorry you have to deal with that.... :( I think the incision on the belly is in a bad spot. :( Does your belly button look different. Mine does, its weird. :) It's like it is deeper than before...
ReplyDeleteOOH glad you made the decision to go. Just so you know... I think my belly button finally looks almost normal again. And I had two surgeries both times they went in that way. last one was April 06. It only took almost 3 years to get back to normal :)
ReplyDelete