Whoa, has it really been a week since I posted? I really have lost track of all time and space. Where am I? What's going? Ha ha... Since we live so far from our families, we generally travel for at least a week to see them. I feel like I've been gone forever! It's been soooooo wonderful to have all this quality, relaxing time with our families. But it's also been emotional at times. I often have some emotional swings while I'm home with my family, but it has been a bit stronger this trip. (I will have to post more about that later.)
Overall we have been having so much fun... celebrating all the Christmas traditions with both our families. We're in California right now and the weather is amazing - in the mid-70s during the day. Yesterday we were at the beach and it was so beautiful!! It's really weird to think that I haven't lived here in almost 8 years. That is so hard for me to believe. There is so much that I miss here, even though I know that I am right where God wants me to be.
Today we are going to the Rose Bowl Luncheon. I'm so excited! My goal is to get a picture with Pete Carroll (the USC coach) and my hubby wants to get a pic with Joe Paterno (the Penn State coach.) I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Tonight we'll just hang out with my parents and tomorrow morning we are celebrating "Christmas morning" with my family - including my brother and his wife. Then I will be focused on my friends wedding. So much going on!
I have kept you all in my thoughts and prayers, even while on vacation! You are never far from my heart. :)
I am so jealous that you are close to the Rose Bowl!! We will be watching tomorrow...GO PSU!! (We are season ticket holders.) Enjoy the CA weather and just ride out those emotional waves.
ReplyDelete