I'm back! Seriously, things have been so crazy lately that I am just trying to keep my head above water! We arrived home around midnight on Sunday and I still haven't unpacked my suitcase. Grrr... I hate feeling so behind on the basics like unpacking and laundry! I went to the 24-hour grocery store so that we could at least have some food. Since we live so far from our families we really try to maximize our time when we travel... sometimes we even take the red-eye flight home. But I think we're getting too old for that now. My hubby and I both agreed that we need at least a day at home to recover and get ready for work. Especially after being gone for so long.
As if things weren't crazy enough, we bought a new car last night. Just a few days before we left on our trip we realized that my hubby's 11-year old car was not going to last much longer. We have been nursing it along for awhile and we decided that it wasn't worth pouring any more money into it. It would be so nice NOT to have a new car payment right now, but was time to say goodbye to the old car. My hubby takes such good care of me... he decided that he would take my car and let me have the new one! He is such a sweetie! We ended up with a 2009 Nissan Altima. I love it! The weather has been so yucky around here, it was weird to test drive in the dark, freezing rain last night. Since it was still dark when I got to school this morning, I haven't even seen it in the daylight yet!
I have lots of fun pictures and stories to share about our wonderful time at both "homes," but this will have to do for now. I've missed you all and your blogs so much! I'm looking forward to catching up...
Enjoy that new car! Can't wait to hear about your time at home!
ReplyDeleteHaha..I heard about your new car last night on facebook! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back home and safe and sound. Can't wait to see pictures!
I love new cars! :) That is awesome! Yes, glad you are back and can't wait to see pictures!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on that new car! I love Nissans!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
And your husband sounds like a real winner letting you drive it!!
What is going on with your cycle after surgery??????? :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeletegreat to have you back! i can't wait to hear about your holiday!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! It is so great to get a new car! What fun! Even the new car smell is great!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! And yay for the new car!
ReplyDelete