Thankfully my head has stopped spinning (from my last post!) My conference was really great - all three days were full of great speakers, workshops and the exhibit booths were amazing. I did SO MUCH shopping! I told my hubby that he's lucky I have a school budget to play with. It satisfies my shopping need without depleting our bank account! :) I just couldn't stop buying books - there were so many great resources for the classroom. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Everywhere I turned there was another great booth!
I've had an amazing time catching up with friends and family in the area. It's been almost 8 years since I've lived in California and I've definitely lost touch with many people. I know it's inevitable when you move so far and start new chapters in your life. I'm pretty exhausted from running around all over Orange County seeing people, but it's been wonderful to catch up on the lives of these people.
My doctor's office called with the results from my second blood test. The nurse said that my progesterone was just ok (I think the number was in the teens) and my estradiol was not good (something in the 40s.) I can't remember the exact numbers. I am super curious what the third blood test will show, although I'm sure the numbers will be even lower. Today is cycle day 27, so I am thrilled that I've made it this far. Although I started having PMS and I'm pretty sure my new cycle will begin any day now. I'm just praying that it holds off for a couple of days. My doctor wants to see me during cycle days 1-3 and I don't get home until Sunday night. AF - PLEASE WAIT JUST A COUPLE MORE DAYS!!
Any thoughts on what causes my levels to drop? I'm really hoping these new numbers give my doctor something to work with. I've had GREAT results on peak+7 for the last couple of months, but this is my first time having three blood draws. In case you've forgotten, I'm on Tamoxifen during days 3-7 and Prometrium starting on peak+2 for 12 days. Diagnose away!
*Update
Today is not cycle day 27, but rather cycle day 1. Oh joy. Just called my doctor's office to schedule an appointment for Monday when I return. I HOPE I can get in!
I am so glad you are having a great time! When you said shopping I was like WOOHOO! Then you said books! You are certainly a teacher, because shopping for books was not what I was thinking. I was thinking California shopping, lucky girl! ;)hahaha
ReplyDeleteI would love to be able to diagnose! Really I would love to tell you everything! I have no clue. I wonder if they need to start looking at the front end of your cycle. That is my thought for my doctor when I talk to him.
We're cycle buddies!! I just started CD 1, today too.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm off to go load up on antibiotics...
Sew - you'd be happy to hear that in addition to shopping for books, I have also done some "real" shopping with my mom this week. I'm coming home with three new pairs of cute shoes! ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay, Now I am totally jealous!!! 3 pair! Oh my !
ReplyDeleteSorry about CD 1, what a bummer.
I am SO sorry about it being CD1.
ReplyDeleteAlso sorry I am so bad about commenting lately. I read your blogs but selfishly do not share all my thoughts with you about your entries when I am busy! So sorry!
I really hope you can get in today.