Saturday, August 29, 2009

Amazing Morning with Awesome Ladies

A group of DC bloggers got together for coffee this morning. It was so amazing!! These ladies are so beautiful and wonderful. It was great to meet them and learn more about everyone's IF journey. We could have stayed at Panera all day talking about cycles, nutrition, treatments, doctors, husbands, etc. We are all trying to navigate this crazy road of infertility and it helps so much to know that we are not alone.

I was the first to arrive and I noticed babies everywhere, which is probably not uncommon for a Saturday morning. I thought - oh no, this is not going to be a good atmosphere for us! But once we all arrived and started talking, we didn't even notice anyone else around. One man sitting alone with his computer was pretty close to our table... I wonder what he thought about our conversations! We were not shy and discussed everything you can imagine about infertility very openly.

I am so grateful to God for the support I have found through the blogging world. You ladies have been such a huge source of encouragement for me. As I looked around the table this morning, my heart was so sad. As I looked into the faces of these women I know that they have experienced all the pain and sadness and frustration that I have. I know that they have felt alone and abandoned. I know that they wonder when and how their situation will ever change.

And although nothing about our situations changed this morning, it helps so much to know that we are supported by other women walking this road. I am so excited for our group to meet again and to form a real support group.

Thank you ladies for our time together!

12 comments:

  1. That sounds so great!! While the blogs are a wonderful source of support, there's nothing quite like face-to-face.

    God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. that's awesome!! I'm so glad you were all able to get together. I teared up when you said about looking around at everyone, knowing the pain they have gone through. It's so true! I treasure the friendships I have made through infertility, but at the same time it breaks my heart to know the depths of their pain.. and we know it because we live it. Anyways, I'm so glad you took a picture! I'm loving trying to guess who's who! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Wow!
    What a beautiful group of women. I'm so glad you have one another for support. I really am.
    I'll keep all of you lovely, faithful women in my prayers.

    p.s. my "work verification" for this comment is "serve"
    wonder what that means!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it's great that you got to meet these women IRL! Although the road of infertility is tough, I would never trade the friendships that I've made through my blog.

    Who were these ladies? I'd love to check out their blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! There are so many of you! Amazing!

    I hope you all will be able to get together again soon. I bet you were all amazing support for one another! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. my word verification was "bless"

    like shannon's, maybe word verification is giving us some life messages/hints, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great time :). I was nervous to meet everyone in person, but it totally made my week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! Fantastic! The only person I recognized off the bat was Call me Mama!!!

    Gorgeous girls! What a great meeting! I wish I could have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! It's so wonderful that you were able to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry I wasn't able to join you yesterday! There's quite a lot of Catholic IF bloggers in the area--more than I realized! So glad you had such a great turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I noticed that guy too and wondered if he was tuning in at all! We once met with a couple at Starbucks to talk about NFP and I'm sure some of the people close to our table were a bit shocked if they listened in! It was sad to think that we are all connected by such a difficult burden, but it is beautiful to see how many people are truly faithful to God and the church!

    My security word for this post is didarbar - not sure what I'm supposed to take from that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, please post the links to the other blogs--
    one of those ladies looks familiar to me!! (same law school as my husband?)


    glad you could have a meet up...wish I had that support here on the West Coast!

    ReplyDelete