Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School

I have to admit, I don't mind being back to school! Check in with me in a couple of months to see if I'm still feeling the same. :) So far we've had two days of teacher meetings. The students don't arrive until the day after labor day, so we have plenty of time to get ready. I'm hoping to get extra organized this year!

We've been keeping very busy with our homestudy paperwork. It's like a full-time job getting everything together. Thankfully I've gotten some good advice from all the ladies who have already been down this road. When I start to feel stressed or overwhelmed or just annoyed, I remind myself that it's a means to an end. This process is demanding in so many ways, I will be glad to get through it. Tomorrow morning the county housing inspector is coming and I am praying that we pass! My hubby has a few concerns about our house, but I'm hoping it's not a big deal. Friday evening we will meet with the social worker for the first time. I am anxious to meet her and make sure we're doing everything correctly.

Last but not least, I'm excited about meeting more blog ladies this Saturday morning for coffee! I've been trying to get an Infertility Support Group going here in DC, but it's taking longer than I thought. We're going to meet at Panera and just chat. I'm really looking forward to it! I know we'll have plenty to discuss.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're happy to be back to work! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. We have meetings next week and I have a workshop to give tomorrow. I still can't believe that it's already the end of summer!

    Best of luck with your IF support group! We just got a Panera and I'm looking forward to visiting it since so many of my blog friends rave about it.

    I hope that your house inspection goes well. I can't imagine starting school and doing adoption paperwork at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy all the teacher meetings too! The Mass you went to for the start of school sounds amazing! I wish we did that.

    Best wishes for your house inspection and also your first meeting. I'm so excited for you!

    I'm excited for your support group too- can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about meeting everyone on Saturday :).

    Good luck with your home inspection - I would be so nervous having someone else come through my house like that. I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many exciting things ahead for you!! I can't wait til your homestudy is behind you and then you can just start waiting. Good luck with the inspection tomorrow! I'll say some prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I was in Rockville for a day and all I wanted to do was swing by your house... truly!
    There wasn't enough time and I think you were at work.
    Boooo. Next time.

    I hope you're well! I'm really thinking about your a lot.

    Good luck with everything-prayers, prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry I won't be able to join you on Saturday--I'm hosting a baby shower (Lord give me strength) that day. I'll be there in spirit though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your new photo on your header. Now I want to go there! Glad to hear that you are excited to start school again - I guess you are in the right profession! Good luck with your meeting on Friday. Can't wait to meet you Saturday - thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete