My hubby and I spent Sunday in Richmond. It was so wonderful to see our friends and meet little Ethan and Clara! We met for Mass, went to brunch at this lovely restaurant that overlooks the water, and then visited the studio where Ryan works. It was a wonderful day! I am so blessed to have developed friendships with these amazing women and their husbands. I am inspired by their faith and their adoption stories. It was such a joy to watch them as mothers! Both of them are naturals and I was struck by how calm they are. I've been around some new moms that can be a little crazy and stressed out. Do you think IF prepared them to be better mothers? I hope that when my time comes I will be as calm and relaxed. Here are some pics from our day...
The babies!

Me, AYWH, and Clara

The whole gang

GIMH's hubby with Ethan

Just the girls (and Ethan!)

At the anchor desk

Me and my hubby "on TV"

Having fun with the green screen


The happy family!
What a fun day. I love the pictures. You look so natural behind an anchor desk!
ReplyDeleteSuch great pictures! Looks like y'all had a ton of fun!
ReplyDeleteFor what it's worth, I think maybe infertiles are calmer mothers because they have waited so long to hear their baby cry, it is like music to their ears when it finally happens. That's just my take on it- I can't wait for my baby to cry!! (Remind me of this later when it's happening!!!)
Great pics! Looks like you had a fun visit :).
ReplyDeleteSounds and looks like a fun visit! You're so lucky you're pretty closer to other bloggers.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Love all those pics! Thanks so much for posting!!
ReplyDeleteYou look SO beautiful G!
I LOVE your hair, is it naturally curly? I wish mine would look like that!
Glad you had a good day, friend ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful photos!!!
ReplyDeleteI do have to agree, IF will make all of us better mothers. We're not going to stress out about every little thing (I hope!). Sleepless nights, crying baby -- bring it on!!!
You're onto something about the ladies being naturals and calmer. So many people have told me that I'm very calm for a new mom -- even the pediatrician and day care provider! (Though, they don't see every moment at home after no sleep! LOL) I admit I get frustrated when he's upset (which isn't often), but it's not because I wish he would stop but because I wish I could help him. If that makes sense. You are gorgeous, btw!! You'll be a natural, too :)
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun!!! Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteI know that infertility has totally prepared me to be a mother. I am definitely the type of person who would be way stressed out right now if not for all I went through. Hearing her cry and having to get up in the middle of the night is nothing compared to crying myself to sleep because I wanted a baby so badly. I just remember that every time. The good definitely outweighs any slight negative (like no sleep) and I am so grateful for the perspective that God has given me.
Hi G, I just had to weigh in from the "other side" - I think IF definitely must prepare one so beautifully (if also painfully) for motherhood. (This is constantly my thought as I read your blog and see others' posts too.) Having gone through a very different but very difficult few years previous to marriage and motherhood, I think if I had kept my heart open, more uplifted in hope, and my eyes on the eventual gift of marriage and family, the Lord could have prepared me better for all of today's challenges...but regardless, my point is that a wise friend always told me that motherhood is all about "making space for the other" - and it is certainly a big space in one's heart and marriage and home that the "other" needs! I believe it's a very hard but special and beautiful spiritual cross/gift you all have been given, and your witness to it bears light on ALL our vocations, single, married, parents alike. So thank you, again, for sharing your witness and your heart! :)
ReplyDelete-Lauren
ps - you are going to be amazing parents, I can't wait to see it.
Love those photos!! You have such a beautiful smile. :) I think you have some great points to ponder.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Anchor desk or Classroom? Which one is harder?
Thanks again G for coming to visit! Like LH, I'm obsessed with your hair- it is so pretty!!! I hope you're having a good week and your classes are going well. xo
ReplyDelete