Thursday, June 24, 2010

Five Years Ago...

...I married the love of my life!

(I posted pictures here a year ago on this date.)

I remember someone telling me on my wedding day that my love for my husband would continue to grow for the rest of our lives - that as much as I loved him that day, it would actually pale in comparison to the love we would have later in life.

Now I can see why she said that! It is amazing to look back and see how my love for my husband has grown stronger and deeper over these past five years. I thank God every day for giving me the gift of my husband. He is truly my best friend, my partner, my lover and my soul-mate. No matter what happens in life, I know that he will stay by my side and we will get through it together.

I truly cannot count all the reasons that I love him... his strong character, deep faith, commitment to marriage and family, great sense of humor, adventurous spirit, love for traveling, affectionate nature, etc. I could go on and on!

I can't even put into words what it has been like to watch him become a dad. I always knew he would be a great father and it melts my heart to watch him with Tommy.

I love you honey!

And what would a post be without a Tommy picture? This is from bath time tonight...

16 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! this is a great post and as I already stated on face.book I adore this picture. he's scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! This has got to be a very special one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Tommy's adorable, especially as in that towel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary! what a nice post! and love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! Love this little picture of Tommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! That little one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, your story gives me hope! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

    Tommy is losing that newborn look! What a precious boy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Your posts make me smile and seeing Tommy is icing on the cake! God Bless you and your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! What a year it has been for you guys! I'm so glad you can spend this special day with your little one! He is so cute- love those big bright eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful! Happy Anniversary! Tommy is edible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary to you both!
    I can't get enough of his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! I went and looked at your wedding photos and they are gorgeous! Truly a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get married with all those palm trees? Really pretty.

    And yes, love the cute bathtime photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wedding pics are STUNNING! Happy anniversary! And I can't get enough of your little Tommy's big eyes - so captivating!

    ReplyDelete