Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Life

Life these days has been crazy. I still can't believe there is a baby in my house!! I am still in complete shock. I haven't been able to do much reflecting (or blogging, as you can tell.)

We have had a whirlwind of visitors so I haven't been on the blogs much at all... I am so behind! Hopefully I can catch up soon because I miss you all when I'm not in the loop.

My parents were here for a week and then a few days later my hubby's parents were here for five days. In addition to all this I have been doing my best to help finish up the school year - Graduation, Closing Mass, report cards, etc. It's been crazy to say the least.

I am still trying to figure out what our new "normal" is going to be like. My husband had been able to take off 6 weeks of work, so it's been wonderful having him home! Although he went into the office today, so I'm getting a glimpse of what my life will be like at home with Tommy. Is this really happening?

We are counting down the days until June 14 - this is when the 30-day window expires. (In our state, the birthmother has 30 days to change her mind.) It's hard not to be nervous during this time, even though I feel confident that everything will be fine. I will breath a huge sigh of relief when we get past this month!

I continue to be overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have received. I plan to reflect and share more about all this later. For now I will leave you with a few more pictures.

Tommy wearing both USC and Husker gear - which team will he cheer for?

Grandma and Grandpa with Tommy


Tommy trying on his baptismal gown - it was made by his great-great grandmother and worn by his great grandma, grandpa and dad

Visiting with our friends

16 comments:

  1. G, he is so so cute! Am I crazy to think that he resembles you quite a bit?! He does! He fits right in. We'll pray for a speedy remainder of this 30 day period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love heirloom baptismal gowns - that is just so special!! and it means no more pagan baby! :) congrats little one, welcome to the Church!

    prayers for the rest of your 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will also keep a prayer vigil going for you until the 14th. My God grant Tommy's birth mother the grace and peace of knowing that she made the most selfless and generous decision for him by placing him in your loving arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, something's wrong with that hat he's wearing, it's missing an "N"...and it's got a few extra letters, let's just get rid of that U, and the S and C too..there! Perfect! Haha just teasing. He is SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that an In&Out shirt! I seriously right now as we speak could fly to arizona and order two double doubles. :) I love that place!!!

    Baby needs and In&Out shirt! ;) hahaha

    It's the final countdown! I can't wait to get the good stuff on what being a mother is like....Are you exhausted? Do you care? Is it hard? Easier then you thought? Fulfilling? etc?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Praying for the rest of the 30 day to go quickly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so cute! I think I would be in complete "awe" if we had a baby in our house too. Enjoy the baby moments...from what I hear they grow up fast! Are you going back to work in the fall? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first ultrasound is the 14th-big days for both of us! That'll help me remember to pray for Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Sew, I want some meat and potatoes! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I can't even imagine how the rivalries will change with a third vote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are checking in on us and sharing little Tommy. I know it will be a huge sigh of relief when the 30 days are over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will pray for the 14th to come soon! Love the baptismal gown. And, I also have thought that Tommy resembles you and dh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, he looks so sweet in that gown! Can't wait to meet him - hopefully soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad to hear you're doing well....

    I'm sure it's all still such a whirlwind...

    PRayers, sweet mama..

    ReplyDelete
  15. You continue to glow in your pictures and your son is beautiful! You continue to be in my prayers in a very special way, especially with the 30 days! It is the same here in CA (my sister is also going through it too...you've got a couple weeks on her). Enjoy this very special time! I continue to smile when I think of your many blessings, and mine for that matter too! I am grateful for your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh G! Little Tommy is just so adorable. I continue to lifet you up in my prayers as you are waiting out this 30 days.

    And yes, meat and potatoes please!!! Can't wait to hear all the juicy details about what being a mother is like for you!

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete