I know some of you have asked for a post about the good stuff - how motherhood is going - and I promise that one is coming. I have been waiting until we pass the 30 day mark and we are almost there. Tomorrow is the big day! At 5:00pm the window of time where the birthmother can change her mind will close and I will breath a huge sigh of relief. We are almost there! We have been full of so much joy during this time, but I've also been a bit guarded. It's hard not to be. As many of you know, the adoption won't be final for 6-7 months. But after tomorrow we will just have to worry about social worker visits and paperwork.
We finally finished the nursery, so I will give you a little tour with these pictures.
This is the view as you walk in from the hallway.

To the right is the closet - the doors have been removed since we bought the house 5 years ago. I like having the closet exposed with the shelves below.

The changing table - I love the cute fish hanging above.

My parents' neighbor is an artist and she made this beautiful picture with Tommy's name!

Next is the toy chest, shelf and glider.

I put some Lourdes water and our Lourdes candles on the shelf

I also put a few images of Our Lady and St. Joseph - pray for us!

Last is the crib and quilt hanging above.

All for this sweet little face!
I love the pictures of the nursery, what a precious space for such a blessed and precious baby! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks fabulous and T is so cute. Congratulations to T on attending his first Mass.
ReplyDeleteI love the room and especially the painting of his name. Adorable! What a sweet little face you have to look at.
ReplyDeletelove the nursery - green is so cheerful! :)
ReplyDeletehere's a question - does he actually do any sleeping in that crib? :-p
It's all so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks lovely and we'll be praying for 5:00 tomorrow to pass with no excitement so you can breathe a BIG sigh of relief! Blessings to you all!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful room! And, what a beautiful little boy! I am so glad you and your little famliy are settling into routine...the first Mass is so fun! Smiles. . .and God bless.
ReplyDeleteSo joyful to see these beautiful pictures! How wonderful to attend your first mass together! Praying for 5:00 tomorrow to get here QUICKLY!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the nursery!! You have such good taste! Will you come do mine???
ReplyDeleteIts all very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait for tomorrow at 5 pm! You need to have the champagne ready to celebrate this very important milestone in his adoption.
I have been praying for you this whole time and will continue to do so. I also hope to get up there really soon to see you and meet little Tommy!
Such a cute nursery! My BFF did her nursery in the exact same color with the exact same bedding! It looks great and your little guy is so so sweet! We'll pray for a smooth day tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou did an amazing job on the nursery! Have been continuing to pray for the birthmom to have peace and comfort about her decision :)
ReplyDeleteHe is growing by the minute, it is unbelievable! I do think the boys seem to grow exponentially faster than the girls - maybe it's just the impression I get from the pictures, but I seem to remember this from the daycare where I worked, too.
ReplyDeleteHe's a lovebug!
Beautiful!! Praying for you and your sigh of relief. Hope to catch up soon when you catch your breath ;) Love you!
ReplyDeleteI love the room and love him!! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is really lovely! The room looks great.
ReplyDeleteWe have that same theme for our nursery! I love what you've done with the quilt. So cute.
ReplyDeleteLove his room and I am thrilled with your good news!! :)
ReplyDeleteLook at Miss Fancy Pants! I love the new header pictures!
ReplyDeleteYour nursery is adorable! it looks so homey! Great job and thanks for the pic.s!
ReplyDeleteprayers,
Amber
Your nursery is adorable! it looks so homey! Great job and thanks for the pic.s!
ReplyDeleteprayers,
Amber