Monday, June 28, 2010

What we've been up to...

We've been really busy lately. I'm not sure how it happened, but we've had a lot going on. I guess I'll work backwards... last night we had youth group. It was our first time bringing Tommy and thankfully it went really well. I'm so glad that we will be able to continue to lead this group with the baby.

Saturday was jam-packed - I gave the Sexuality talk for the Marriage Prep retreat in the morning, I sang for 5pm Mass and then we went to a going-away party for the two priests at our parish. I'm so lucky that my hubby is such a great dad! Not only does he love spending every possible second with Tommy, but he is so great at taking care of him. He can do everything, so that gives me the flexibility to run-around when I need to.

Friday we had a photo shoot with a friend of ours. She is so kind and generous - she offered to do this for us as a gift and I had no idea how talented she was! She uploaded them that night to her website and we just loved all of them. I can't wait to order prints and of course I will post some when I get the digital copies.

I spent some time this past week training my replacement at school. He was my co-worker last year, so that really helps the transition. I will have to write more about this topic later, but everything has really fallen into place. I always knew that I would quit working full-time so that I could be a stay-at-home-mom. But I also hoped that I would have the opportunity to stay connected to my school and perhpas do something part-time.

Next year I will continue to teach one class - drama - and direct the spring musical. One of the mothers from my school has offered to watch Tommy during this time. Can you believe it? This woman is so wonderful and I have really enjoyed teaching her sweet daughters. She is so generous and told me she would be blessed to spend time with Tommy and that she can't think of a better way to volunteer. I am still so overwhelmed at her generosity!

I forgot to mention last week that I got together with two ladies from our support group - including this blogger. It was so great to see them, catch-up and introduce Tommy. The other gals couldn't make it, so hopefully I can see them again soon. I am so blessed that these great women live so close to me.

In cycle news I don't have too much to report since I have stopped charting and somehow I lost my progesterone pills. Ha ha! Obviously I've been distracted. I filled both my Vitamin D and progesterone prescriptions at the same time. I left the Vit D bottle out since I started those right away, but we had houseguests and I don't remember where I put the progesterone when I got home! Oh well. I will take them post-peak next cycle and get bloodwork on peak+7. I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. S for September, so hopefully I will have 2 cycles for him to review.

Tommy continues to fill our lives with so much joy! He has been smiling more and I think he has started to recognize us. His smile no longer seems random and it MELTS my heart to watch his face light up when he looks at me. It brings me a kind of joy that I've never experienced before. I love every single moment of my day with him!

It's hard to believe that he will be 7 weeks old on Wednesday. I got a little video of him yesterday after his bath wearing his cute froggy towel. He recently found his fist and loves to suck on it!
I
I love comparing that video to this one from his first bath. He has changed so much from those first days.


We have received so many sweet and generous gifts. This beautiful quilt arrived in the mail today from my aunt who made it. I wish I knew how to do this! Thank you Aunt C!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures and videos! You should have a Tommy channel on tv. I would watch it all day long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His eyes are so big (and beautiful) all wrapped up in that froggy towel :). He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous quilt!!!

    you're a sweet mama, G! I'm THRILLED you'll get to keep your hand in teaching while getting to be with Tommy all of the time too.... wow, the way God orchestrates things truly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures and videos! Keep them coming! Tommy is so adorable!
    Capture and cherish as many of these precious moments as you can, one day you will wake up and realize your baby has grown up and wonder where the time has gone.

    Pat, Julie, and Catie D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great to see how everything is falling into place! And I totally know how you feel when he smiles at you. Just wait until he starts reaching for you! There's nothing like having your little baby, who can't yet tell you they love you, show it by their actions.

    I can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the work stuff is falling into place, and you can still be involved but can also be with Tommy.

    He's adorable, and your aunt did a great job on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those big beautiful eyes with a frog towel wrapped around him, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sweet grin melts my heart, too! So glad you have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! That video of him in the frog towel! I can barely take it... it's making ME melt! So sweet!! Beautiful big eyes!

    And I love that all of this has just fallen so perfectly into place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I could eat him right up!! Seriously, he just keeps getting cuter!!! How is this possible?!!

    ReplyDelete