I really am trying to be a good blogger (for whoever is reading this out there!) Honestly, each day this week I have had a few good ideas about an entry and now is the first chance I've had to do it! I have been SUPER busy with things going on at school (I am a teacher) and I just happened to have something every night this week as well. Not to mention that I've had a nasty cold since Sunday... sore throat, congestion, headache and cough. Thankfully today I'm finally feeling better. It's very hard to teach without a voice! Each night I have come home and totally collapsed on the couch. The one perk is that my hubby has done the dishes almost every night this week! Ha ha... And to top it all off we are leaving super early tomorrow morning for a road trip. We're heading to North Carolina for a wedding and we're extended the weekend to visit Asheville, NC and then the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. It should be fun!
Anyways, that being said I do have a few reflections to share. A friend of mine commented on how many new things I have been doing lately - both personally and professionally. After reflecting on this a bit I have come to the conclusion that this is a good sign that I'm living in the present, and not just "waiting" for my real life to begin. I totally confess that I've held off on doing many things thinking that, "oh, soon I'll be pregnant and have kids so I shouldn't even bother with that." I NEVER thought I would be starting my fourth year teaching! Our plan was for me to work one year and then stay home with our babies. Each year I have told myself, well I guess THIS will be the last year. And now I'm in my fourth year... it really is hard to believe. So finally this year I have come into my own a bit and I'm really proud of the new things I've started at school. One of which is a faith-sharing group for the faculty/staff. We've only met twice so far, but it's been really nice to form this community with my co-workers.
Similarly, I started a women's prayer group with another friend of mine. (I think I mentioned her in a previous entry.) We met tonight for the first time and it was such a gift to get to know these women and to pray together. Even though we have totally different things going on in our lives, we are all struggling to find peace about our situations. Most importantly, we are trying to learn and follow God's will for our lives. I am really excited about our group... we are going to meet once a month and each take turns leading. We also decided to meet for a holy half-hour before since the parish close by has perpetual adoration.
On a lighter note I have started taking golf lessons! My husband loves to golf and I guess I should consider myself lucky that he wants me to learn since a lot of men like golf to be their outlet away from their wives! We've talked about this for awhile now, but finally I started taking lessons and I'm even going to get my own set of clubs. I don't have high hopes for my golf skills, but I just want to be good enough to enjoy playing a round every once in awhile. It will be fun for us to share this hobby, both now and later when we're old and retired.
Well, I'd better end this. We're leaving super early tomorrow morning! I promise I will write more next week when I return. :)
I'm also trying to live in the present... focus on the now... and allow God to speak to me and comfort my heart....
ReplyDeleteWhat a great attitude you have about living in the present. I, too, am in my 4th year teaching and feel that last year and this year were "my" years finally. We're just starting our IF journey, having passed the "one year" mark of trying this summer, but your post about staying in the present is a great reminder that life is going on around us, regardless of IF. Have a great weekend on your trip!
ReplyDelete