Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sirach 2:1-6

If you aspire to serve the Lord,
prepare yourself for an ordeal.
Be sincere of heart, be steadfast,
and do not be alarmed when disaster comes.
Cling to him and do not leave him,
so that you may be honoured at the end of your days.
Whatever happens to you, accept it,
and in the uncertainties of your humble state, be patient,
since gold is tested in the fire,
and chosen men in the furnace of humiliation.
Trust him and he will uphold you,
follow a straight path and hope in him.
Sirach 2:1-6

6 comments:

  1. I read this verse today! ;)

    I am checking to see where you are? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome verse!!!

    Being a former Protestant, I've actually never read it before!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I LOVE finding Scripture that applies so perfectly to our situation. And it is SO true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! It's the first reading from Mass today. I loved it! Especially since I'm having some spotting and major cramps this morning. I'm expecting AF in full force anytime now... :( Oh well, I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we read this at our shrove tuesday liturgy yesterday.

    it's very applicable i would say!

    ReplyDelete