Thanks for all your comments and advice about my bloodwork. I'm still not sure what to make of it. Obviously the levels are high, so that is good and I'm happy with that. It's pretty much impossible for my mind to stop playing the "what if" game. It's so frustrating that pre-pregnancy symptoms are so similar to PMS. Not to mention that being on Prometrium could be causing some extra symptoms. But there's nothing I can do except wait and see - what else is new??? Today is cycle day 25 and honestly I will just be happy with a nice long cycle. Last month I don't think I even made it this long.
As usual I had a great night at my women's prayer group this week. We always have such open and honest converations. We're all striving to love the Lord and do His will, and obviously that is not always easy. All of us ladies have very different things going on in our lives - and yet we have so much common ground that brings us together. They inspire me and challenge me to continue growing in my faith.
I shared with them all about my weekend in Raleigh and meeting Immaculee. Seriously, I can't stop talking about her and her books! I'm almost done with Our Lady of Kibeho and I prayed the Seven Sorrows Rosary during adoration. It was really beautiful. But I have to admit I was feeling a little tired and distracted, so I'm looking forward to praying it again. Hopefully it will be one of my Lenten devotions.
Speaking of Lent, anyone have any good ideas that they are doing? One of my friends is giving up Facebook and I really don't think I could do that! (How sad is that?!)
Ryan's actually giving up facebook (and caffeine, which you probably think is even crazier than facebook!), and I've considered limiting internet usage to a certain amount of minutes a day. I don't want to give it all up, since it's such an important way of communicating (and cheaper, since I basically can't talk to anyone not on my phone plan), but I definitely feel like I aimlessly roam the internet way too much during the day.
ReplyDeleteI can't stop talking about Immaculee either! I started writing a post about Our Lady of Kibeho, but I'm saving it because I want to pull quotes out from the book and give it more thought. The book totally made me fall more in love with Our Lady. And how about the messages about suffering? She tells the visionaries all the time about the value of suffering and how it is used for our sanctification. She actually tells the one visionary how she can't promise her happiness in this life, but she can in the next. That hit me like a ton of bricks!
And by the way, I have HUGE hope for you right now!
I would be peeing on a stick until it turns two lines! :) I am very impatient, hence the gift of my infertility! I still test but I buy the cheap ones now! I have a few stashed that came free in the mail. I am sometimes tempted to test on P3 how insane is that???
ReplyDeleteMy husband received a baby catalog in the mail! I think it's a sign! hahahaha :) No i didn't test! hahaha
I am thinking exactly what AYWH is thinking. I was thinking of putting a timer by my computer in the morning and only checking blogs in the mornings. I am thinking of giving myself one hour. I am also thinking of fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays and from the computer. Oh and I need to watch my mouth, but I think I tackle that every lent and miserably fail! I am a Northern girl! It is ingrained in me. Is that an excuse?? :)
Oh and the hair shirt I own, yes, I am going to do that and sleep on the floor. hahahaha Wouldn't you die!!!???
I'm thinking of giving up TTC during Lent. Ch'YEAH! (I actually considered it last year, but there was no way...) Now that would be a true test!
ReplyDeleteBut, like Sew, I'll be fasting on Fridays. And I usually pick something that I know it a "problem" for me (leads me to sin), like nagging at DH, and I give that up. Or, I try to, anyway ;)
As for your 2WW, I can't wait for it to be over! I think I'm going to chicken out of testing, myelf, I can't bring myself to do it!!! How are you standing this??!!
Ha ha... thanks ladies for all your comments!
ReplyDeleteAbout Lent, I like the idea of limiting the amount of time because that would still be a sacrifice and it would teach me a little discipline! I agree with AYWH, it is the only communication tool I have with some people and I don't want to completely cut that off. And yes, I can't believe he is giving up caffeine! Remember our conversation about that??? :)
About my cycle, I'm not feeling very hopeful anymore. Friday I was having some crazy hope! But now I'm feeling all crampy and I've been having mild abdominal pain on both sides and even some on my back. These are all my signs that my new cycle will be showing up soon. Oh well, more wait and see... I do not think I've ever had a 30-day cycle in my life! So I'm curious to see if it will be that long. I'll keep ya posted.
I love you, friend! Glad to be back in the blog loop :) And thanks for giving me a little shout-out! ha! I'm giving up alcohol too, so no fun for me during Lent ;) I'm also making a point to pray the Stations of the Cross at least once a week, either with a group or on my own. Just fyi :) I'm sure whatever you come up with, the Lord will appreciate ;)And I appreciate your enthusiasm for Our Lady and uniting yourself with her Seven Sorrows! We are united in prayer.
ReplyDelete