How has it been almost a week since I posted? I seriously don't know where the time goes. It's been a busy week. I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of days off because of the snow. On Tuesday I was pretty productive and on Wednesday I just relaxed. It was great! Gotta love those unexpected days off.
We had friends over for the Super Bowl on Sunday night, so I spent most of the weekend getting ready for that. I LOVE having a clean house, so I'm glad that having guests over inspires me to do some deep cleaning. (Otherwise I just end up letting it go way too long!) My only problem is that I get really side-tracked while I'm cleaning... for example I will start dusting in our bedroom and then end up re-organizing my sock drawer. Thankfully this weekend I had the time to do a little of this and that. I ended up cleaning out and organizing lots of drawers and closests. It feels so good to get organized!
I also did a little soul-cleaning as well. I had spiritual direction on Sunday morning before Mass. Generally I begin direction with confession, so that is nice. It's a great way to make sure I'm going regularly. For me, the best part about spiritual direction is the accountability. (If you've ever done Weight Watchers, it's kind of like "weighing in.") For the most part I enjoy Fr. T and his advice, although I have to admit that I do miss my previous spiritual director. I always left our sessions totally inspired.
I just started reading "He and I" and a couple of quotes really stuck out to me. Has anyone read this book before? A friend recommended it many years ago and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. It's the diary of a French woman and her revelations of The Voice - the Lord -speaking to her. In one passage the Voice says to her, "Give yourself a rest from saying prayers so that you may enjoy My love" and later it says, "Fall in love with me over and over again." Both of these passages really spoke to my heart, so I will continue to reflect on them.
In other news I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Hopefully she will have the results of my bloodwork so we can discuss them. I'm curious if it will reveal anything. I'm also planning to discuss the effects of Tamoxifen and see if she thinks it's "working." I will keep you posted!
Good luck with your appt. I hope you get good news or some news that helpful to your IF. I am like you and when I'm cleaning, I end up doing other things too. I really have to stay focused when I'm on task. :)
ReplyDeletei love organizing and getting my house in order! we hired a cleaning lady over a year ago so i don't have to stress out too much about cleaning (i always felt that my house was clean enough!). i really have to start getting my closets and drawers in order --our walk-in closet is overflowing with clothes right now! but i'm like you, i get distracted way too easily!
ReplyDeletegood luck with your appointment!