Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Season, New Cycle

I guess in a way it feels appropriate to start a new cycle on Ash Wednesday. Let's just say it definitely puts me in the mood to be sorrowful and repentant. I am trying my hardest to "offer it up" and to see this a yet another challenge to surrender and trust in the Lord. I'm not gonna lie, it's hard today. I'm feeling bitter and I HATE feeling that way. I'm feeling sad and mad. I feel like I was "duped" into hoping for the first time in a long time. I need to re-read that passage from Sirach. I especially connect with the first verse, "If you aspire to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for an ordeal." Alright Lord, here we go, I need your help yet again to deal with this "ordeal."
Sorry for the downer post, but it's where I'm at today.

7 comments:

  1. I will join you in prayer today! Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers today. I hope the sadness is replaced by peace real soon.

    At adoration last night I prayed for God to strengthen me for the same experience, which should come tomorrow or Friday for me. It's like this impending doom! And I agree, I hate feeling that way because on top of being sad, I also feel guilty for not handling it better. Ugh! It's such a complicated issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a new cycle today too. I feel good though and happy that the pain of the last cycle is now behind me. My sacrifice for lent is not not let the IF get me angry and sinful. I'm going to do my best and with a happy, positive heart. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be in my prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, hon. And sorry I missed this post yesterday...
    I know how you feel, and it really stinks to have hopes so high and then see the start of a new cycle.

    I hope that this Lenten season is healing for you both spritually and physically. I'm praying for you and your DH!

    ReplyDelete