Monday, February 23, 2009

Question

I'm pretty sure that my new cycle will begin any day now (or at any moment!) Here is my question: I still have 2 more days of the Prometrium, so my body still has artificially high levels of progesterone. Does that mean my cycle won't start until I'm done with that? Just curious...

4 comments:

  1. Yuck for even having to face a new cycle. But this is what I have heard and I could be wrong. I think to end the progesterone you have to take a pregnancy test and if it's negative then you can stop taking the progesterone.

    I am not taking progesterone nor have I ever. I am just giving unsolicited advice. :) hehehehe

    Where is TCIE or FJIEJ??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took prometrium and my cycle did not start for a few days after being done with my last pill. However, I did feel like my period wanted to start as I finishing the regimen. I took all the pills until I was done. I read on the prometrium that if your cycle starts then you need to stop taking the pills. I hope this helps. Out of curiosity...did the pills give you any side effects??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you taking them peak plus 3 through peak plus 11? Take are directed. Progesterone will cause your post peak phase to be longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was on progesterone during my Clomid cycles last year, I had to take a pregnancy test and then stop taking the progesterone. You most likely won't start your cycle until a few days after finishing the progesterone. It couldn't hurt to double check with your dr. if you are unsure.

    ReplyDelete