I got my bloodwork done this morning - it's peak +8. I'm curious to see the results since I'm taking Endometrin this cycle.
Unfortunately my attempt yesterday to get it done was unsuccessful. Labcorp didn't have the fax from my doctor, so even though I arrived at the lab at 7:00am and was first in line when they opened at 7:30am, it was all a waste of time because they didn't have the order.
Grrr... I am such an impatient person! I was so mad driving to school yesterday knowing that I wouldn't be able to get it done on peak +7. The lab closes at 5:00pm and the faculty prayer group I lead was yesterday from 4-5pm. More than anything, I hate wasting time. I missed morning Mass and missed getting to school at my usual time for nothing.
I hate that IF robs me of so much - not just the big things but many, many little things as well. I'm so over getting my blood taken so often.
That being said, I am very curious about the results this cycle. I guess that's why I cared so much about getting it done yesterday. So here is my question - should I get it done again tomorrow (peak +9) or wait until Friday (peak +10)? Presuming that I make it to peak +11 - which I don't always do, but I'm hoping the progesterone will help - I could get it done that day. (My lab is open on Saturday.) Any advice?
*updated*
I forgot one thing... I'm curious about the polyp removal that I will probably be having sometime in the near future. For those of you who have had a D&C or polyp removal done, what kind of anesthesia is used? Dr. L said that I would not be "under," but now I'm wondering if I will have a local or anything.
This has happened to me more than once, and it is so frustrating! So what I do is make sure I have a copy in my hands, either through mail or fax beforehand.
ReplyDeleteIf I were you, I would call and see what your dr. wants you to do in terms of which day to go with next.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteSorry about lab issue. I second FJIEJ about calling to see what day your dr. thinks would be best to do next.
ReplyDeleteCalling for our doctor's input would be grand, but my guess is you wouldn't be able to catch them before you have to make a decision early tomorrow morning.
ReplyDeleteBesides the problem of them being closed, I have been trying to get them to return phone calls for a week to no avail. I might not be able to get any bloodwork done this cycle because no one will return my call requesting the order.
But enough of my complaints. Sorry!
I can't remember from your past cycles, but when do you think your progesterone has been dropping off before? That might determine when you want to get the bloodwork done. If it has been fine through P+9 before, maybe try for P+10...?
If it were me, I think I would probably go back again for P+9. But that's mostly because last month I did P+7 and then couldn't go back again until P+11, and they said it was a bit hard to tell if my levels were dipping too much, since I got the bloodwork done later.
Ugh, that is annoying. I'm sorry, again, that IF is so disrupting to your life...I hear ya loud and clear on that one! It is not fair in the least.
ReplyDeleteI hope your results come back great though! That would make the extra day of waiting a distant memory (I hope!).
I had a polyp removed and I was put under completely (that I know of). Maybe it was some sort of concious sedation though. That is where you are techincally still awake but you are so completely out of it you don't move (maybe like propofol, like Michael Jackson took) and they also give you a drug to keep you from remembering any of it (Versed I think).
So maybe it would be something like that. I'm not completely sure though.
I hate hate hate the fact that IF has robbed me of so much time! I definitely don't think you should have to follow-up on your doctor, but I do agree with FJIEF and Mrs. Blondies that it would be a good idea in the future.
ReplyDeleteIMO, I'd go back for P+9 bloodwork. I just hope that they have your requisition!
Why is "Anonymous" telling you the Church opposes IVF? Did I miss something?? :)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry how frustrating it all is. I get it.
"Anonymous" might just be spam commenting. I've seen it before...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear your blood test results. Hoping that your levels look better!
Prayers, prayers, lady!
ReplyDeleteI miss you.
It seems like even the simplest things can be such huge hassels with IF. I have experieced that before. My current doctor's office sends me a copy or two of the post-peak lab orders and I just make copies and bring them in. It is brilliant - that way I don't have to worry about whether they sent in my orders, whether the fax machine works, whether the lab misplaces the order... Maybe you should see if they would be willing to send you a lab order that you could copy and use each month.
ReplyDeleteI had general anesthesia for my D&C and hysteroscopy surgeries. I have heard of them doing local for hysteroscopies. I am sure they will give you something so you don't feel anything (and hopefully don't remember anything) during the surgery.
Just came by to let you know that the Patron Saint drawing is posted on that same blog (you have to refresh the main page of the blog to see the postings with everyone's saint).
ReplyDeleteYours was posted. You were drawn Elizabeth of Hungary.
:) Enjoy!