I had my pre-op appointment with Dr. L this morning. Actually, I should say I had my appointment with Dr. C. (L is her first initial and C is her last initial.) When I signed in at the front desk they informed me that she prefers to be called Dr. C and not Dr. L. I heard them say this to other patients who arrived, so I guess they are trying to spread the word. It's not that big of a deal, but I find it strange that after two years in the office she is now making a point about this!
Anyways, my appointment was pretty straight forward. She did an exam and talked about the procedure. I had to sign the consent forms and tomorrow I will talk to the hospital nurse about the logistics. The surgery is a week from tomorrow and I will be glad to get the polyp removed. I'm not sure if any changes will come from this, but I can hope.
While I was in the office they offered the H1N1 vaccine. I was pleasantly surprised and decided to get it. I keep hearing about how difficult it is to find, so I took advantage of the opportunity.
Unfortunately this appointment took up MUCH more of my day than I had expected. The office was super crowded. Since I had arrived a little early, I spent about 1 1/2 hours total in the office. Then I hit really bad traffic and it took over an hour to get back to school. I missed one of my classes, was late to our special Thanksgiving lunch and overall felt flustered for the rest of the day.
It's moments like these when I am SO OVER infertility. Why must I spend so much of my life running around to doctor's appointments? I wish I could calculate how many hours and miles I have spent going to the office. I'm sure it would be a TON!
Tomorrow will be a busy day at school, but then I will be off for the week. My in-laws arrive in the evening and will be here for the long weekend. I've been frantically trying to get my house in order, and for the most part I think it's ready. I'm looking forward to some rest and relaxation this week.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Haha.. I can't believe that about Dr. "C"!!!! Actually, I can believe it because I was starting to get the feeling that she preferred the last name. I don't know why I got that feeling, but I did. Honestly, I call her Dr. L because I can't pronounce her last name! Seriously, today on the phone I attempted to say her last name to the nurse and then chickened out and went with her first name instead. I'll make sure not to make that mistake again! (And you'll have to tell me.. how do you pronounce it? Is it like chet-ko-vitch?)
ReplyDeleteI so hope the polyp is the last thing standing in the way of your fertility! Wouldn't that be great?
I cannot wait until you are polyp- free. Who knows? Maybe that one little polyp is causing all this trouble!!! I know that at least, your chances can only get better!!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about all the time infertility requires of us. I rarely went to the Dr. growing up because my mom was a nurse and she could take care of just about anything (except in the rare case I needed antibiotics). So going to the Dr. just isn't my style! Now I am married to one, AND going to one ALL THE TIME! I bet it really is difficult when you are a teacher, though!
I cannot wait to hear how your Thanksgiving break goes, take plenty of pics for us!!! Enjoy your time at home with family!!!
I hate that IF takes up so much of my time. The things I could've done (and rather have done) if I didn't have shuttle all over God's green acre to doctor's appointments/ultrasounds/blood tests!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until your surgery! Polyp-free Jeremiah! Woohoo!
I hate how much time IF takes. I didn't even go and get a p7 yesterday because i figured what is the freaking point!
ReplyDeleteCheck my blog and sign up! :0
It feels like your life is constantly on hold - and not like going to maternity appointments or, I don't know, lasik, where you're getting something DONE. In this case, if all goes well (but only after years of appointments, surgery, pain, medication side effects, and innumerable stupid questions), THEN you get to start maternity appointments. Good grief.
ReplyDeleteGood job getting your house ready, BTW. Mine isn't even started - last night I did my grocery shopping. I'm really behind!
Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving. Sorry you missed school stuff, but it's great that the polyp will be out soon.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny -- I've felt bad about calling her Dr. Lorna, but I don't know how to pronounce her last name either! And Dr. B always refers to her as "Lorna" when he is talking to me. In fact, when Dr. B called me last week -- that one call that I missed -- he referred to himself as
ReplyDelete"Dr. John." I thought he was trying to get everyone in on the friendly first name game. Kind of like priests. Father John, etc.
I am glad we will be able to say GOODBYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to the polyp soon.
I am so with you on being sick of all the appointments and lost time. I can't even count how much time I have spent in the past few weeks making phone calls and assessing insurance situations ... and I haven't even had any appointments. It is sooo frustrating.
your pre-op appointment! Oh my goodness!
ReplyDeletePrayers, lady!
Let this be the thing that heals you fully!