I spoke with the scheduler yesterday and my polyp removal is set for Tuesday, December 1st, almost a year to the date of my laparoscopy. I joked with my husband that I'll be having surgery early December every year. They suggested I take off two days - the day of the procedure and a recovery day in case I need it. I will have a pre-op appointment wit Dr. L on Monday, November 23rd. I hope and pray that this small step will do something to restore my fertility.
Today is officially cycle day one. I called the office to see if Dr. L wants me to take Tamoxifen and Endometrin again. I imagine that she will want me to continue with it this cycle, even though we are all presuming that I won't be pregnant when I have the polyp removed next month. How's that for positive thinking?
In adoption news we are having our second appointment with the social worker this Friday. She will interview one of our references and also interview me and my hubby separately. Hopefully we can hurry up and schedule the last visit where she will inspect the house. I'm ready to be done with this!
I'm so sorry about CD1, but hopefully this surgery will make your uterus a cozy home for a little person!! That is an exciting development on the adoption from, too- I hope you can get the interviews scheduled quickly!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry about cd1 :(.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the rest of the interviews are being done for the adoption process. I'll be hoping you get the homestudy approval by the end of the year like you wanted!
I'm glad to hear your surgery is scheduled! I had mine done on a Friday and definitely wanted the rest of the day off. You probably could work the next day, but I agree - take the extra day just in case. If you don't need it, you can always do some Christmas decorating or shopping! Prayers that this surgery is the LAST step for you!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have the procedure scheduled already - get all this crap done in 2009 and have it out of the way! It turns out I did have a polyp, BTW (Dr. L said they couldn't see it when they went in there to get it, but the pathology report confirmed it was in the tissue removed). What with the other surgery stuff, I didn't even notice it, and of course no incision or anything. Hoping everything goes swimmingly!
ReplyDeleteSorry about CD1. It's great your surgery is scheduled and your next adoption appointment is coming up soon.
ReplyDeleteGood blog.I like this blog.
ReplyDeleteAnd I deposit my blog.Wellcom to visit.
Thank you so much.
Glad you got a surgery date. I am hoping for no surgeries in 2010! Interestingly, I had my post-op with Dr. S this week and the pathology report said that one of the biopsies of tissue he took out seemed to be a polyp! Everyone's getting them these days.
ReplyDeleteI hope your adoption interview went well on Friday. Look forward to hearing more about it.